South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new bike

+12
geraint
keith husky 450
Gareth Gates
phil990
brownie
Denzil
mufynman
crm250dude
mizzed
shocker
steve
slim1122
16 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

new bike - Page 3 Empty Re: new bike

Post by shocker Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:36 am

Taffyboy07 wrote:If you want a bike that looks dated & has had no face lift what so ever but will soldier on regardless get a Honda, If you want a bike that looks even older even when new get a WR, If you want quality & a go anywhere bike that's the bollocks get a KTM, people go on about KTM's as a wrong choice, but its the same as everything....Look after it & you cant go wrong, I'm on my 3rd KTM & will never look back.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But do they work so well for you're because you're never in the country long enough to wear it out? lol!
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:34 am

crm250dude wrote:Me and shocker always clash on this - here we go again !!!

the 450x is 6kgs heavier than the 250x ...

when your 15 stone like me - thats the difference between having a shit before you go riding Very Happy

and allthough the 250 goes fast enough for you - when you are in second gear looking up a hill climb with no time to change gear - its good to have that bit of grunt left .....

in my humble opinion

different smoke for different folk Razz

To be honest don't totally disagree, and if I was younger, fitter, more skilled and without a knackered shoulder would possibly have one, as must be nice on the road and as you say up big hills
It's not the extra 6kg, but the inertia the of extra power that make them feel heavy to me, but also suspect that when I've ridden one I don't adjust and try to thrash it like a 250 - and frighten the crap out of myself  Very Happy

I managed to finish the Welsh 2 Day this year despite being fat n' fifty but know it was only because I was on the right bike for me - I'd probably be still out there somewhere face down in a ditch if I'd had a 450 lol!

Look's like choice is down to the individual, and a horses for courses job Very Happy

ps a 6 kg turd!! affraid  - you must have to stand on tip toes to make room down the bog for that! Shocked

Last edited by shocker on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy300 Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:52 am

shocker wrote:
Taffyboy07 wrote:If you want a bike that looks dated & has had no face lift what so ever but will soldier on regardless get a Honda, If you want a bike that looks even older even when new get a WR, If you want quality & a go anywhere bike that's the bollocks get a KTM, people go on about KTM's as a wrong choice, but its the same as everything....Look after it & you cant go wrong, I'm on my 3rd KTM & will never look back.

But do they work so well for you're because you're never in the country long enough to wear it out? lol!

Touché Gary, Fair one mate, but never the less, when home working with Dene in 2 wheel engineering I have never come across any major faults or defects with a KTM regardless of what people say, Maybe years ago they may have been trouble, but certainly not nowadays & yes.....horses for courses without a doubt mate.

But as far as a good ole work horse & minimum maintenance a CRF wont go far wrong.
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:01 am

slim1122 wrote:Do dealer let you test ride the bikes or is it just a case of pick the one you like the look of and hope you like it lol

Mash mx sometimes have Honda days where you pay a small fee and you can ride the full range of bikes on a track.
There was one a few weeks ago mite be worth asking them if they have anything coming up again.
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:56 am

shocker wrote:
mufynman wrote:Don't waste your money on that old iron pig ,get  a KTM350 EXCF and bask in the warm glow of contentment knowing you have the perfect trail bike . cheers

I suppose it's OK if you're rich enough to buy new one's two at a time, then you've always got a spare lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
brownie
brownie

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:02 am

i have the crf450 and i love it, i think with a new set of plastics they look as nice as any ktms do, shockers new crf proves that.
but its each to their own.
the only thing with ktm riders is they seem to change their bikes quite often, but maybe thats as the range is vast!

can you not blag a ride on other peoples bikes on the lanes, thats the best way to try the bikes out.

brownie
brownie

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:18 pm

I'm still trying to figure out how Dude manages to have a 6kg shit scratch that's 13 pounds in old money , definitely a two flusher as my missus would say !
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:40 pm

mufynman wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how Dude manages to have a 6kg shit scratch that's 13 pounds in old money , definitely a two flusher as my missus would say !

ha - we keep a carving knife by the toilet
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by phil990 Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:42 pm

crm250dude wrote:
mufynman wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how Dude manages to have a 6kg shit scratch that's 13 pounds in old money , definitely a two flusher as my missus would say !

ha - we keep a carving knife by the toilet

I find one of these does the job. haha

phil990
phil990

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy300 Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:36 pm

But obviously you never bought it Joss lol!
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next