South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rekluse clutch?

+18
crm250dude
grogan
geraint
ray vince
sheepshagger
kirky
JTM525
juljam33
Gareth Gates
mufynman
x.b.b.
wolfy
phil990
sparks
steve
brownie
simon
shocker
22 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Rekluse clutch? - Page 5 Empty Re: Rekluse clutch?

Post by steve Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:11 pm

grogan wrote:
steve wrote:If you want a semi get a C90 and be done with it Laughing

My old C90 never gave me a semi... Shocked

You weren't riding her hard enough then lol!
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by ray vince Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:42 pm

At that price I will get cramp in the wallet.
ray vince
ray vince

Back to top Go down

Post by kirky Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:34 pm

shocker wrote:Are they nice safe M&S one's or dodgy old split crotch job's off the market - because it'd obviously make a big difference to my final decision Very Happy

Same as the ones you wore in the pub in Rhayader Shocker when all the sausage jockeys called in smiler
kirky
kirky

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:23 pm

I used to deliver pizzas on a c90 - i was the wheelie king in south london, shame cos most of the pizzas i delivered had the toppings all on one side ....

on a serious note - i think what you have is a form of RSI - repetitive strain injury.... like tennis elbow or golfers knee....trigger finger.... there are loads

what you should do is try to break your habitual riding style, maybe move your clutch lever up or down, dont leave your hand on the clutch so often - try gripping the handlebars a bit more - get a longer lever -
does your little finger hang loose ?
see a sports physiotherapist
I used to play football on astroturf and i got a bad back - she told me to get softer running trainers and run on my toes, touch my heels on the floor as least as possible - and it worked...

thats my 2p worth
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:32 pm

JTM525 wrote:
Gareth Gates wrote:didn"t end up buying it ! put a deposit on but backed out ! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
You asked Steve about that wr450 he's found with 400 miles on Gar?

I looked at the wr450 - its not road registered

crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:47 am

crm250dude wrote:I used to deliver pizzas on a c90 - i was the wheelie king in south london, shame cos most of the pizzas i delivered had the toppings all on one side ....

on a serious note - i think what you have is a form of RSI - repetitive strain injury.... like tennis elbow or golfers knee....trigger finger.... there are loads

what you should do is try to break your habitual riding style, maybe move your clutch lever up or down, dont leave your hand on the clutch so often - try gripping the handlebars a bit more  - get a longer lever -
does your little finger hang loose ?
see a sports physiotherapist
I used to play football on astroturf and i got a bad back - she told me to get softer running trainers and run on my toes, touch my heels on the floor as least as possible - and it worked...

thats my 2p worth

Thanks for advice and appreciate it,  but already know what's wrong - just trying to find a better way around it all Very Happy

To cut a long story short my left shoulder is properly bolloxed!
I broke the ball off the end of the bone and broke that into several bit's, then crushed the socket so it's fused the joint the limiting movement, and the resulting nerve damage gives pain all the way up that arm when clenching/unclenching my fist or standing up on the bike Sad
After a few operations they've said 'it's shagged mate, you obviously no longer mess with bike's so that's OK, get an automatic car and claim benefits for ever'

I listened to all that then! lol!

Last edited by shocker on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:51 am

ouch !!! - you are for the knackers yard.... forget the clutch, just move straight to wheelchair - we'll drag you round the trails every now and then

crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne xr Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:05 pm

crm250dude wrote:ouch !!! - you are for the knackers yard.... forget the clutch, just move straight to wheelchair - we'll drag you round the trails every now and then

. Your clutch won t last long towing that weight Very Happy
wayne xr
wayne xr

Back to top Go down

Post by sheepshagger Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:51 pm

geraint powell wrote:can you do away with the clutch lever altogether then?
and if so fit a brake lever to operate the back brake like a push bike?

Yes Rekluse do a kit to do that.
sheepshagger
sheepshagger

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarky_two Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:59 pm

Gary,

Ive got one you can try - if you get my bike running Very Happy

On a serious note - they hold their money so even if you got one and decided to go back it would be worth the trial on your wallet. Its simple to fit and easy to put put back if you dont like it. They take a bit of getting used to especially with the rear handlebar brake and no foot brake, stamping on thin air and braking to change gear, especially when the shit is hitting the fan..

Personally I am going to change my set up so that I have the RBB and the clutch override on the left bar, then I can control the bike a bit better - as I find I need to be in first to lift the front wheel up any obstacles and think more about weighting the bike preload and timing etc to get the bike to do what I want and I think that a clutch lever would help me out.

I think its a trade off in some areas and a bonus in others, Ive stuck with mine and am beginning to like it now I understand the bike a bit more
Clarky_two
Clarky_two

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next