South Wales Trail Riders

    450 exc clutch

    Share

    Guest
    Guest

    450 exc clutch

    Post by Guest on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:18 pm

    clutch on the way out anybody changed the plates on an 09 450exc? any tips?
    avatar
    captain caveman

    Posts : 4176
    Join date : 2010-01-26
    Location : Pot noodle land

    Re: 450 exc clutch

    Post by captain caveman on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:39 pm

    i think tilts changed the clutch on his 525 a while back probley all the same set up.
    avatar
    spendy46

    Posts : 124
    Join date : 2010-03-03
    Age : 39
    Location : Swansea Vale

    Re: 450 exc clutch

    Post by spendy46 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:23 pm

    I still have the original in my 525exc 2005 and its seen some action and wheelies...wouldn't have thought yours would be knackered yet.?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 450 exc clutch

    Post by Guest on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:55 am

    spendy46 wrote:I still have the original in my 525exc 2005 and its seen some action and wheelies...wouldn't have thought yours would be knackered yet.?

    thats what i though? i will strip it down tonight to look
    avatar
    Walnutwhip

    Posts : 980
    Join date : 2010-01-31
    Location : Behind the orange curtain...

    Re: 450 exc clutch

    Post by Walnutwhip on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:41 am

    No way the clutch gone Mr eggs check the plates some swarf shite may stop them engage...

    Did you use semi synth then fully after first couple thou miles?

    What oil anyway...?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 450 exc clutch

    Post by Guest on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:33 pm

    Walnutwhip wrote:No way the clutch gone Mr eggs check the plates some swarf shite may stop them engage...

    Did you use semi synth then fully after first couple thou miles?

    What oil anyway...?


    fully synthetic everytime ipone


    not sure what you mean semi synth, was under the impression that only fully syth should be used
    avatar
    Walnutwhip

    Posts : 980
    Join date : 2010-01-31
    Location : Behind the orange curtain...

    Re: 450 exc clutch

    Post by Walnutwhip on Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:03 pm

    As far as im aware from the outset clutches should use semi synthetic maybe put in from the factory?

    We all change the oil sometimes too frequently which adds too many additives eventually building up on the plates...does sound a load of bollocks but thought mention it and is true.

    Personally would check fluid levels and adjusters, strip clutch, clean
    and change oil to Motorex as specified...

    Clever bastuards ktm probaly designed motor to best use Motorex 9/10 they own a big junk of that company anyway.

    Not saying anything wrong with Ipone just your bike may not like it had couple of bikes over the years road, enduro just could not use Silkolene constant clutch judder ..slip hope this helps bud and yes stay fully synth. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 450 exc clutch

    Post by Guest on Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:32 pm

    Walnutwhip wrote:As far as im aware from the outset clutches should use semi synthetic maybe put in from the factory?

    We all change the oil sometimes too frequently which adds too many additives eventually building up on the plates...does sound a load of bollocks but thought mention it and is true.

    Personally would check fluid levels and adjusters, strip clutch, clean
    and change oil to Motorex as specified...

    Clever bastuards ktm probaly designed motor to best use Motorex 9/10 they own a big junk of that company anyway.

    Not saying anything wrong with Ipone just your bike may not like it had couple of bikes over the years road, enduro just could not use Silkolene constant clutch judder ..slip hope this helps bud and yes stay fully synth.


    cheers buddy , was going to strip it down tonight but might not have a chance
    avatar
    ktm jon

    Posts : 1311
    Join date : 2010-01-26
    Age : 50
    Location : Next to the donkey on the right

    Re: 450 exc clutch

    Post by ktm jon on Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:59 pm

    same oil in both walnut all be it separate eggs change it and try probably a bit of shit like rich mentioned just a thought measure the amount that comes out [gearbox]

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 450 exc clutch

    Post by Guest on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:38 am

    cheers jon still not had a chance to look at it will def do this week

    Sponsored content

    Re: 450 exc clutch

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:10 am