South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

450 exc clutch

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

450 exc clutch Empty 450 exc clutch

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:18 pm

clutch on the way out [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] anybody changed the plates on an 09 450exc? any tips? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

450 exc clutch Empty Re: 450 exc clutch

Post by captain caveman Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:39 pm

i think tilts changed the clutch on his 525 a while back probley all the same set up.
captain caveman
captain caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by spendy46 Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:23 pm

I still have the original in my 525exc 2005 and its seen some action and wheelies...wouldn't have thought yours would be knackered yet.?
spendy46
spendy46

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:55 am

spendy46 wrote:I still have the original in my 525exc 2005 and its seen some action and wheelies...wouldn't have thought yours would be knackered yet.?

thats what i though? i will strip it down tonight to look

Back to top Go down

Post by Walnutwhip Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:41 am

No way the clutch gone Mr eggs check the plates some swarf shite may stop them engage...

Did you use semi synth then fully after first couple thou miles?

What oil anyway...?
Walnutwhip
Walnutwhip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:33 pm

Walnutwhip wrote:No way the clutch gone Mr eggs check the plates some swarf shite may stop them engage...

Did you use semi synth then fully after first couple thou miles?

What oil anyway...?

fully synthetic everytime ipone

not sure what you mean semi synth, was under the impression that only fully syth should be used

Back to top Go down

Post by Walnutwhip Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:03 pm

As far as im aware from the outset clutches should use semi synthetic maybe put in from the factory?

We all change the oil sometimes too frequently which adds too many additives eventually building up on the plates...does sound a load of bollocks but thought mention it and is true.

Personally would check fluid levels and adjusters, strip clutch, clean
and change oil to Motorex as specified...

Clever bastuards ktm probaly designed motor to best use Motorex 9/10 they own a big junk of that company anyway.

Not saying anything wrong with Ipone just your bike may not like it had couple of bikes over the years road, enduro just could not use Silkolene constant clutch judder ..slip hope this helps bud and yes stay fully synth. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Walnutwhip
Walnutwhip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:32 pm

Walnutwhip wrote:As far as im aware from the outset clutches should use semi synthetic maybe put in from the factory?

We all change the oil sometimes too frequently which adds too many additives eventually building up on the plates...does sound a load of bollocks but thought mention it and is true.

Personally would check fluid levels and adjusters, strip clutch, clean
and change oil to Motorex as specified...

Clever bastuards ktm probaly designed motor to best use Motorex 9/10 they own a big junk of that company anyway.

Not saying anything wrong with Ipone just your bike may not like it had couple of bikes over the years road, enduro just could not use Silkolene constant clutch judder ..slip hope this helps bud and yes stay fully synth. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cheers buddy , was going to strip it down tonight but might not have a chance

Back to top Go down

Post by ktm jon Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:59 pm

same oil in both walnut all be it separate eggs change it and try probably a bit of shit like rich mentioned just a thought measure the amount that comes out [gearbox]
ktm jon
ktm jon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:38 am

cheers jon still not had a chance to look at it will def do this week [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next