South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to save the trails in The Peak District .

+5
Denzil
karlos
wolfy
mufynman
whyzedd
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . Empty Trying to save the trails in The Peak District .

Post by whyzedd Sat May 25, 2013 11:08 pm

Here are a few pics of yesterdays fun packed outing . There wasn't a huge amount because it rained and hail stoned (pretty hard at times) for at least half of the day . It was still a cracking ride with a few mates and that is the main thing . I woke up at 4:30 a.m. because I was expecting Mark and Lee at five . Shit the bed or what . Mark turned up early so we had a quick coffee before leaving . Tassimo machines are badical for that .
Bikes ready to be loaded into Lee's van .
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1232_zps3367bd79
Whilst driving oop North , Lee's wind screen wipers did a funky cross over at high speed and the near side one ended up snapped and hanging on by the washer tube . We pulled over for another coffee whilst Lee took a look at the snapped wiper arm .
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1233_zps75608d4b
Anyway , we got to Bamford and met Tail , Kona , Richey , Hiluxandy and Orangestig just before eight . A quick change of outfit and a bit of talking bullshit and we were ready to head for Bakewell .
PDNPA , here we come !
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1234_zps899d1ede
On the way there , Richey's chain had "a moment" as it turned out that he had fitted the split link the wrong way round , the cock . He was forgiven as he is still fairly new to this game , plus he posts a few good vids as well . We got to the PDNPA offices at around nine a.m. Only about fifty or so bikers and 4x4 turned up but it was always a big ask owing to the day of the week . I reckon for each person that made it , they would have represented at least ten that had to go to work especially in these times of austerity .
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1235_zpsd3fa25f3
On to The Lanes . The first picture I took were near Monsal Head . It was really slippery and no wonder Timbo had a tumble a few days prior to our ride . I dropped my bike as well .
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1237_zpsf4668980
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1238_zps94f15229
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1239_zps5988dab3
A few lanes on and the Heavens came down .
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1240_zps212a303f
Tenterhill is always a right laugh .
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1241_zps03e51180
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1242_zps151f287d
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1243_zps9ad0b256
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1245_zpsbdfa538c
Washgate lane is always fun too .
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1247_zps53e8c411
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1248_zps70f4b6a8
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1249_zpsb8629386
A brief pub stop and some cheesy chips then on to Three Shires Head . Hiluxandy coped really well considering it was a Steveduro .
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1250_zps403b5568
Wildboarclough was a tad slippery as well .
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1253_zpsc96250b2
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1256_zps42c7aa17
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1257_zps26bd1995
We then did a few trails that took us down to Buxton for fuel . After fueling up , we headed for The Goyt Valley . That is where Kons's clutch cable snapped . Four of us carried on whilst Tail , Richey and Kona headed to a dirt bike shop a couple of miles away to hopefully get the clutch fixed as there was still loads to ride .
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1258_zps9e0b35e7
Mark had a sore finger .
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1259_zps4ebd467e
He kept showing it to me .
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1260_zpsa0486f75
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1261_zps8c1223f6
We got back to Buxton and found Kona had managed to source a clutch cable from a brand new model at this shop in a small industrial estate , the jammy bastard . Fair play to the owner . £11 well spent . If that was me , with my luck , I reckon it would have been Game Over . How lucky was that .
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1262_zpsd1491eb1
Loads and loads of Trails , rain and hailstones ,we were near the vans but I decided to make a detour so we could ride down The Long Causeway .
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1263_zpsfd5e1fd6
Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . IMGP1264_zps963811a4
We then went down Bamford Clough which was also very slippery , then for a last Tallyho we did a wee trail by the train station . All in all , a really good day with a great bunch . I was a bit knacked last night , so this is my offering tonight . Hope you enjoyed it . South Wales next weekend and I cant wait . It's gonna be massive . 8-)
whyzedd
whyzedd

Back to top Go down

Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . Empty Re: Trying to save the trails in The Peak District .

Post by mufynman Sun May 26, 2013 6:13 am

Epic looking lanes , and fair play for making the effort to get up there for the cause !
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Trying to save the trails in The Peak District . Empty Re: Trying to save the trails in The Peak District .

Post by wolfy Sun May 26, 2013 7:30 am

Great report & pic's Very Happy
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by karlos Sun May 26, 2013 8:15 am

Top effort. Looked lovely.
karlos
karlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Denzil Sun May 26, 2013 9:40 pm

Look a great ride You got some cracking pictures
Denzil
Denzil

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Mon May 27, 2013 12:36 pm

Fair play steve you dont half put some miles in.
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by whyzedd Mon May 27, 2013 10:27 pm

We got on the telly . That's me at 2:15 in the blue top . Fame at last . I have already booked the Top floor of The London Hilton for The After Party .

whyzedd
whyzedd

Back to top Go down

Post by HondaMicky Tue May 28, 2013 7:58 pm

I like them lanes looked good fun cheers affraid

HondaMicky

Back to top Go down

Post by hypnoelvis Tue May 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Great effort WhyZ,, keep it up. your famous in Wales

hypnoelvis

Back to top Go down

Post by whyzedd Tue May 28, 2013 11:47 pm

Thanks Elv . I'm down your way at the weekend . It would be excellent to meet up if you are not out racing . Maybe we can sort a North Wales ride soon as well . It's good to talk . Thummy is coming out on Sunday . I am looking forward to a Wolfy ride on Saturday as well . Feck me , that guy goes all over . I met him in North Wales a while back and we swapped numbers . It was my 21st birthday last weekend , so I phoned him a few weeks ago to maybe sort a ride out and fair play to Paul , he is taking us on a ride . Like I said , it's better than good to talk . I know a lot of Mid and North Wales along with The North of England too . I have really good mates in Yorkshire who are willing to show folk the best that Yorkshire has . That will do for another time . Time is my enemy as there are still some awesome places to ride . Lancashire is good as well with my mate Switchblade . The list keeps going . PJ in Northumbria is another top bloke who knows his way around The Rydale Forest . Now that is Long Haul . When you ride these places , the big smile inside the helmet says it all .
whyzedd
whyzedd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next