South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wyegate ldt 23/3/14

+8
x.b.b.
steve
juljam33
Gareth Gates
mufynman
shocker
HondaMicky
hypnoelvis
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wyegate ldt 23/3/14 - Page 3 Empty Re: Wyegate ldt 23/3/14

Post by HondaMicky Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:06 pm

hypnoelvis wrote:Oh good, I was hoping that this would disappear.

The truth is my attitude was shite! I was unprepared,a as it was only a bit of fun.

Ok ok, the real truth is that before I even got to the off-road, somehow I had a puncture after 2 miles of Tarmac, I knew I hadn't brought a spare tube as I always ride on mooses so said to the boys I was with that I was going back to the start to fix it and would catch them up. The bike went straight back onto the van and I went home sulking like a real big baby. I called myself obscene names all day, but I am feeling ok again now.
To casual and to confident, I never even carry a bum bag when doing enduros. need to make some changes before the corinium (trials tyre again)

So I still ain't been up the pant glas steps, maybe I'll tie in with you guys for a Sunday ride out soon.

Alright butt Mike and Glyn said you had a nightmare, and they took you the wrong way Crying or Very sad  . If i had been in your shoes Elvis doing an L.D.T on your own i probably would have done the same. Even if you had fixed the puncture 85 miles with your spare used and little gas would be quite daunting. Enjoyed the trial the sections were spot on, some were just parts of the byway awsome  Very Happy . Pant Glas was good but hard, there was a kicker on the big step which was nice to see when going up to the section. This year they sent you down this awsome track the Devils Staircase  affraid  Awsomely really steep twisting with big rocks to go over round and between, i bet every one goes down it not up it  affraid. One section we were enjoying the ride round so much the three of us went through without knowing until we seen an observer waving his arms in the air and trying to write our numbers at the same time  Laughing. Cracking trial and will definately do it next year if you fancy it Evis. I didn't get away scot free myself got a hole in my exhaust and a blown shock  Crying or Very sad  Smile

HondaMicky

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:35 pm

Unlucky elvis sounds like you missed a good day, cricket uses a moose in a trials tyre for trail riding sometimes & works.
Desert mousse or something like......? not sure if they are bigger or harder but work on the trail.
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Gates Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:04 pm

juljam33 wrote:Better off squirting it in his lugholes ......lol......
go sraight thro boy an come out the other end ! affraid 
Gareth Gates
Gareth Gates

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Gates Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:14 pm

[quote="x.b.b."]
Gareth Gates wrote: paul green told me it was fine to put a mousse in a trials tyre ! any thoughts cos me want no flat on corrinium !

Gar you do what you want, but I recommend you use a tube cos not only did mine come off, but my mates did as well. And if you do run a tube use around 12psi in it. There's not much chance of a puncture at this venue but it can happen.[/quote ] think i will follow your advice on this ! thanks ! Smile 
Gareth Gates
Gareth Gates

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:49 am

HondaMicky wrote:This year they sent you down this awsome track the Devils Staircase  affraid  Awsomely really steep twisting with big rocks to go over round and between, i bet every one goes down it not up it  affraid

A few go up it , some in the dark apparently !
We did it mid summer , about 30 degrees , best to have someone to push and pull with you too .
We nicknamed it the corkscrew.

mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:01 am

Good one Mufynman know now! how to get out of that bottom gutter  :bounce: cheers
Cracking vid as always  Very Happy 
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by HondaMicky Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:12 pm

Enjoyed that Vid  cheers cheers 

HondaMicky

Back to top Go down

Post by hypnoelvis Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:11 pm

HondaMicky wrote:
hypnoelvis wrote:Oh good, I was hoping that this would disappear.

The truth is my attitude was shite! I was unprepared,a as it was only a bit of fun.

Ok ok, the real truth is that before I even got to the off-road, somehow I had a puncture after 2 miles of Tarmac, I knew I hadn't brought a spare tube as I always ride on mooses so said to the boys I was with that I was going back to the start to fix it and would catch them up. The bike went straight back onto the van and I went home sulking like a real big baby. I called myself obscene names all day, but I am feeling ok again now.
To casual and to confident, I never even carry a bum bag when doing enduros. need to make some changes before the corinium (trials tyre again)

So I still ain't been up the pant glas steps, maybe I'll tie in with you guys for a Sunday ride out soon.

Alright butt Mike and Glyn said you had a nightmare, and they took you the wrong way Crying or Very sad  . If i had been in your shoes Elvis doing an L.D.T on your own i probably would have done the same. Even if you had fixed the puncture 85 miles with your spare used and little gas would be quite daunting. Enjoyed the trial the sections were spot on, some were just parts of the byway awsome  Very Happy . Pant Glas was good but hard, there was a kicker on the big step which was nice to see when going up to the section. This year they sent you down this awsome track the Devils Staircase  affraid  Awsomely really steep twisting with big rocks to go over round and between, i bet every one goes down it not up it  affraid. One section we were enjoying the ride round so much the three of us went through without knowing until we seen an observer waving his arms in the air and trying to write our numbers at the same time  Laughing. Cracking trial and will definately do it next year if you fancy it Evis. I didn't get away scot free myself got a hole in my exhaust and a blown shock  Crying or Very sad  Smile
Ah, glad you enjoyed Mickey, see you there next year perhaps where I will be more prepared.

hypnoelvis

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffymoto22 Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:55 pm

That corkscrew is great. A few of us including Almost50 and Mogs did that last summer on a week night, loved it. You boys should try standing up, might help! Laughing 
Taffymoto22
Taffymoto22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3