South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wales road ride

+2
Taffy300
brownie
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

wales road ride Empty wales road ride

Post by brownie Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

just got back from a brilliant weekend in wales on the new road bike, smiler smiler smiler smiler smiler
massive thanks to shocker for showing us around, ( he can tell you were we went ( scratch )  i already knew the lanes in wales are really good ( thats why i come up all the time) and now i know how good the roads are. Very Happy
the new bike was superb, just didnt want to throw it around til i get used to it, saying that, still not sure i would have been able to catch shocker on his ttr,he was making that bike move, having the odd dabble with sports bikes too................and with those tyres on lol!
thanks to steve for storing the bikes , made sleeping a bit easier i can tell you after the comments on here when i said staying at ebbw vegas Very Happy

also, thanks to clarky for the route in from the bridge, cracker that, smiler
brownie
brownie

Back to top Go down

wales road ride Empty Re: wales road ride

Post by Taffy300 Sun May 07, 2017 8:31 pm

What new bike did you get Brownie ?
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie Sun May 07, 2017 8:36 pm

got one of these m8............
wales road ride <a href=wales road ride Crf10011" />
brownie
brownie

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Sun May 07, 2017 8:38 pm

we're spoilt by'ere - and im sure shocker would have taken you on a beautiful ride - you certainly had the weather - well done shocker 
I spent the weekend collecting brownie points for the up coming camping trips - cant wait to get out  wheelie
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Sun May 07, 2017 9:16 pm

The route went something like this........

Started from Bronllys (and were all glad to get away from the bunch of 14 chopsy twat's revving the nuts of thier Ferrari's in the carpark at the Honey) to Brecon, then over a rather chilly Epynt to Builth, Beulah and on around the Elan Valley where it started to warm up nicely.
To Devils Bridge for a cuppa in the sun, before chuffing on to Tregaron, then over the mountain road to Llyn Brianne which looked spetcular in the sun.
There were loads of those 'serious adventurey' types on the roads looking all superior on thier massive BMW's wearing matching oufits and big silver boxes that must of had something to do with the Touratech do down the road?
One parked in a tiny layby with us and still managed to pretend we weren't there - it suspect it was the sight of my manky old TTR that did it   lol!  

We planned to go over the ranges past the German village next, but time was getting on a bit so went from Llandovery to Sennybridge for another cuppa stop instead - having a bit of a tear up along the way!

Went went our own ways from there, after covering about 200 miles in total - leaving my arse in bits!  Shocked

A cracking day in the end, and was really nice to meet everyone Very Happy
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Sun May 07, 2017 10:36 pm

Sounded like a good one Very Happy
Seen quite a few with box's on today too! bumped into a few trail rider groups too...not one wanted to stop & talk, some even seemed to turn their head not too scratch Whats happened to bikers scratch
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Sun May 07, 2017 10:54 pm

All the gear - no idea ...BMW riders are proper tosspots ...

I remember the first time i met a bunch of SWTR in merthyr petrol station - as I approached I thought "I look like a right wanker on my BMW Dakar - must tell them I have a 250 2 stroke"

the rest as they say is history  Very Happy
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Sun May 07, 2017 11:10 pm

The big bike guys seem more friendly than the trail riders tho!... scratch
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy300 Mon May 08, 2017 8:03 am

wolfy wrote:Sounded like a good one Very Happy
Seen quite a few with box's on today too! bumped into a few trail rider groups too...not one wanted to stop & talk, some even seemed to turn their head not too scratch Whats happened to bikers scratch
Funnily enough Paul, after being out on the new 1290 beast a few times, I noticed hardly any bikers acknowledge each other anymore, I think its a different generation nowadays scratch , Where as years ago you were forever nodding or waving to each other on the road,
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy300 Mon May 08, 2017 8:05 am

crm250dude wrote:
"I look like a right wanker"  Very Happy
That's exactly what we still say years later Dude smiler
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down