South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

damper rod is turning in the fork (road bike)

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

damper rod is turning in the fork (road bike) - Page 2 Empty Re: damper rod is turning in the fork (road bike)

Post by wolfy Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:14 pm

keith husky 450 wrote:You don't  need to undo bottom on the upside down forks just take the top off

+1 done it many times
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

damper rod is turning in the fork (road bike) - Page 2 Empty Re: damper rod is turning in the fork (road bike)

Post by wolfy Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:18 pm

Remove the top/spring & drain the oil take the circilp out & pull em apart...
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarky_two Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:20 pm

phil990 wrote:When you pull the station out of the slider i think it should pull the seal out and the bearing?

theres a bush and the seal - no bearing..... I will get the drill on it tomorrow night and she be rigtt, thanks for your help guys Very Happy
Clarky_two
Clarky_two

Back to top Go down

Post by phil990 Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:34 pm

Sorry i ment bush...
phil990
phil990

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy300 Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:35 pm

I think the VFR uses the same forks as the Blackbird
You will need to get that bolt out of the bottom & You then use the top stansion as a slide hammer to pull the seal & wipe out (after taking the circling out mind)..
Compress the fork to put weight on it & it should (should) undo, done my Blackbird wheelie machine loads of times.
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarky_two Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Taffy350 wrote:I think the VFR uses the same forks as the Blackbird
You will need to get that bolt out of the bottom & You then use the top stansion as a slide hammer to pull the seal & wipe out (after taking the circling out mind)..
Compress the fork to put weight on it & it should (should) undo, done my Blackbird wheelie machine loads of times.

Yes they are the same as the Bird mate, One is done but the other is being a bit of a twat, (the fork that is) the bolt is now half drilled out, I have new bolts to go in so shouldnt be an issue if I can complete the drilling of the bolt....
Clarky_two
Clarky_two

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy300 Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:45 pm

Clarky_two wrote:
Taffy350 wrote:I think the VFR uses the same forks as the Blackbird

Yes they are the same as the Bird mate, One is done but the other is being a bit of a twat, (the fork that is) the bolt is now half drilled out, I have new bolts to go in so shouldnt be an issue if I can complete the drilling of the bolt....
Point of no return then butt, but taking the bottom bolt out & using the top stansion as a slide hammer is correct.
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2