South Wales Trail Riders

Need to get my bike its 1st MOT in order to road register it with DVLA... but where to go?

Enduro_Mayhem

Need to get my bike its 1st MOT in order to road register it with DVLA... but where to go?

Post by Enduro_Mayhem on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:26 am

Well, as bike time is being seriously hampered by an inability to ride road sections, it's time to begin the process of registering it with DVLA.

It's a KDX220, Jap import so the process requires quite a few steps, the first of which, is obtaining an MOT. At this stage, the bike has no V5, Cert of Newness, road insurance, tax or a No plate - for obvious reasons... on this basis, can anyone recommend a sensible MOT tester/garage who will be sympathetic to the process? I'm in Caldicot, Monmouthshire... but happy to travel to the right place.

Thanks guys... and MERRY XMAS!

cheers

Skippy

Re: Need to get my bike its 1st MOT in order to road register it with DVLA... but where to go?

Post by Skippy on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:41 am

Try Crescent Motors, Newport, He's a biker himself got an mx bike and a road bike, always been good for me... He's on Caerleon Road, behind R.G.Callows pushbike shop and SpeedyHire Tool hire shop.
    catuk

Re: Need to get my bike its 1st MOT in order to road register it with DVLA... but where to go?

Post by catuk on Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:35 pm

I had my 85 XR250 MOT'd at Thunderroad Cwmbran when I was doing the registration thingy.

jenros

Post by jenros on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:04 pm

hi mate, yeah, as skippy said,its also known as carrington motors,,,Ian is the guy you need to speak to!,dont think they will be open till after the xmas hols,but try them anyway- 01633 252588, 45a caerleon rd, np19 7bw

Enduro_Mayhem

Post by Enduro_Mayhem on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:00 am

Thanks again for your help, guys... will get on to this after Xmas.

Enduro_Mayhem

Post by Enduro_Mayhem on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:40 am

So, have finally managed to determine the year of manufacture... the bike's a Jap import and requested a Certificate of Newness from Kawasaki Motors UK... cost £54 bloody quid, mind - I must be getting old!

As soon as that arrives, it's MOT time (thanks again guys for guidance), then the DVLA paperwork and a trip to their office in Llanishen, oh joy!

Fingers-crossed!

catuk

Post by catuk on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:43 pm

When I took my 85 XR250 to Llanishen, I didn't even have to get it out of the van. The chap got in the back with a torch and simply checked the frame number was the same as the one on the paperwork. He looked at absolutely nothing else. Great guy!

Enduro_Mayhem

Post by Enduro_Mayhem on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:03 am

Finally got the KDX MOT'd - went local in the end... rang-up and spoke with the tester beforehand and he was brill on the day. Insurance sorted (temp cover note based on frame number), and 1st reg paperwork off to DVLA - I'm almost there!

Can't wait to catch-up with a few of you on a ride out as soon as, Allmost50's been in touch already, so things shaping-up nicely. Busy weekend this one, with some Practice Day H&H action, which will be my 1st proper outing on the old girl.

Rubber side down everyone and stay safe.

cheers

bambam

Post by bambam on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Old thread ressurection.

Whereabouts did you go for MOT in the end?

I'm in Chepstow and need my Gasgas MOTd.

Thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:30 pm