South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road registered trials bike

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Road registered trials bike Empty Road registered trials bike

Post by JTM525 Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:47 pm

Does a trials bike need to be road registered? My 280 was before the fucking scum took it  Road registered trials bike 276680  i've found another one for the right money but not road registered, is there any need and if so how much and how difficult is it?
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Road registered trials bike Empty Re: Road registered trials bike

Post by steve Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Not unless you planing on insuring it and riding it on the road.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm

Don't have to be, and can't really see the point myself, as they really are shit on the road or you intend doing trials that include road work (and most don't)
Mine is registered, but on SORN and staying there!

But it probably helps if you want to insure one - which hopefully yours was Very Happy
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by JTM525 Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:12 pm

shocker wrote:Don't have to be, and can't really see the point myself, as they really are shit on the road or you intend doing trials that include road work (and most don't)
Mine is registered, but on SORN and staying there!

But it probably helps if you want to insure one - which hopefully yours was Very Happy
Unfortunately it wasn't! Road registered trials bike 276680  I was gonna leave it til the ktm renewal time and add it then, i never expected for one second some scrote would take it  head but 
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:14 pm

Not wanting to take anything away from your bad luck, but think a big fuck off chain might be used in the van from now on - especially on overnighters!
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by jams Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:36 pm

If it's road regd at least you can do a check to see if it's been reported stolen. Otherwise u could end up in my situatuion and have the coppers come take it off you! As they did my 400 exc Crying or Very sad 
jams
jams

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:57 pm

Ok you could insure it...well pay to insure/tax & mot it, then get little back if lost & your next insurance company will rip you even further "protected no claims" is bullshit if you have had a claim in the last five years  Rolling Eyes 
Trials bike are far from built for the road & why would you anyway, tyre's are soft & cost a bomb, you can do a lot of trials for the cost of insurance, each to there own, but what your going to use it for...... me wouldn't worry about a number plate.

Down side tho!..... no number plate V5 engine /frame number, I guess would make it hard to know if the bike was stolen or not ?

wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by JTM525 Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:43 am

shocker wrote:Not wanting to take anything away from your bad luck, but think a big fuck off chain might be used in the van from now on - especially on overnighters!
I'm going to weld or bolt a bloody great anchor to the floor of the van but fit armaplates over the locks and deadlocks into the side and rear doors, i feel sick about the whole thing to think some scumbag has taken stuff i worked so hard for and now i have to do all these extra security things to stop it happening again Crying or Very sad 
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by JTM525 Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:46 am

jams wrote:If it's road regd at least you can do a check to see if it's been reported stolen. Otherwise u could end up in my situatuion and have the coppers come take it off you! As they did my 400 exc Crying or Very sad 
Sorry to hear that mate, my mate had his 525 took off him years ago for the same reason, there's too many scumbags out there that need putting on an island all together then set off an a- bomb to wipe out the lot!  Twisted Evil 
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by JTM525 Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:50 am

wolfy wrote:Ok you could insure it...well pay to insure/tax & mot it, then get little back if lost & your next insurance company will rip you even further "protected no claims" is bullshit if you have had a claim in the last five years  Rolling Eyes 
Trials bike are far from built for the road & why would you anyway, tyre's are soft & cost a bomb, you can do a lot of trials for the cost of insurance, each to there own, but what your going to use it for...... me wouldn't worry about a number plate.

Down side tho!..... no number plate V5 engine /frame number, I guess would make it hard to know if the bike was stolen or not ?

Good points Wolfy! I just didn't know if i started doing trials whether there were road sections between trials but if thats not the case i'll just get one without. The one i've got my eye on looks a beauty  Very Happy 
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next