South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW MEMBER - IN WALES UNTIL JAN 17 - WANT TO BUY BIKE AND RIDE A BIT WHILST HERE!

+6
crm250dude
Jonniemax426
keith husky 450
Taffy300
steve
tonethebone
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

NEW MEMBER - IN WALES UNTIL JAN 17 - WANT TO BUY  BIKE AND RIDE A BIT WHILST HERE! Empty NEW MEMBER - IN WALES UNTIL JAN 17 - WANT TO BUY BIKE AND RIDE A BIT WHILST HERE!

Post by tonethebone Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:01 pm

Dear SWTR,

I have just arrived in Pencoed for some work until Jan 17, maybe even February.  Wanting to buy a 250 bike and get some riding in as and when I can.  There is an opportunity to do a few weekend rides but also get out during the week for the odd day here and there.  So very keen to meet everyone and see what is available.  Firstly though, need to buy a bike?  Have seen a couple of 250's in MarshMX and also Mounters that look interesting, KTM 2 and 4 strokes and a Beta 300 2 stroke.  Wondered if anyone had any guidance for the best place to buy.  I note that Marsh and Mounters advertise on the site.

Does anyone have any opinion on where best to buy?  I am a cash buyer as have been planning the purchase before coming to Wales.

As a note, have seen the video on the site (v funny), so will need some second man guidance also.

Looking forward to getting out and about but need the bike to start with.

Any thoughts or alternative sources please?

TH
tonethebone
tonethebone

Back to top Go down

NEW MEMBER - IN WALES UNTIL JAN 17 - WANT TO BUY  BIKE AND RIDE A BIT WHILST HERE! Empty Re: NEW MEMBER - IN WALES UNTIL JAN 17 - WANT TO BUY BIKE AND RIDE A BIT WHILST HERE!

Post by steve Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:35 pm

Hi where you from and whats your budget ?
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

NEW MEMBER - IN WALES UNTIL JAN 17 - WANT TO BUY  BIKE AND RIDE A BIT WHILST HERE! Empty Re: NEW MEMBER - IN WALES UNTIL JAN 17 - WANT TO BUY BIKE AND RIDE A BIT WHILST HERE!

Post by Taffy300 Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:33 pm

I've got a nice 2016 ktm 300exc 6 days for sale in a weeks time. 38 hours on it, £6,000
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by keith husky 450 Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:39 pm

Taffyboy07 wrote:I've got a nice 2016 ktm 300exc 6 days for sale in a weeks time. 38 hours on it, £6,000
nice bike for someone taff one lady owner
keith husky 450
keith husky 450

Back to top Go down

Post by tonethebone Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:46 pm

I am from London, working in the Film Industry. Have done a bit of training with Patsy Quick in Kent at Desert Rose Racing but have yet to ride in Wales. Am told by a couple of local boys working with me that it is spectacular riding around here!!! I have about £4-5K in cash to pay for a decent 250. Have mainly ridden 4 strokes but willing to take a chance on a 2 stroke also. I need to buy a bit more kit (protection) but will spend most on the right bike.

Looking forward to meeting everyone out on a ride.

TH
tonethebone
tonethebone

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonniemax426 Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:40 pm

As an when you get sorted I'll take you out mid week no problem . I'm not far from marsh mx

Jonniemax426

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:21 pm

Hi Tone,
I'm the only cockney in the village - get outa my pub !!!

Taffy's bike would be a great buy if you can stretch the budget - he's the rich kid on the block - no expense spared and he only rides it every 2 months ...

be good to have someone on a ride I can understand for once - look forward to it  Razz

what part of london ? - im saaf... brixton/norwood/streatham ways

Last edited by crm250dude on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by keith husky 450 Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:21 pm

crm250dude wrote:Hi Tone,
I'm the only cockney in the village - get outa my pub !!!

Taffy's bike would be a great buy if you can stretch the budget - he's the rich kid on the block - no expense spared and he only rides it every 2 months ...

be good to have someone on a ride I an understand for once - look forward to it  Razz

what part of london ? - im saaf... brixton/norwood/streatham ways

it is good bike for someone
keith husky 450
keith husky 450

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:20 pm

Welcome to the forum, dude has been looking for a fellow cockney to ride with for ages, perhaps he'll stop trying to convert me now Very Happy
mizzed
mizzed

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:22 pm

oh yea - and as your a londoner you obviously love football (unlike these lot)

the question is - do you support a shit team or the MIGHTY PALACE England
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next