South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stripped sump plug excf350

+3
Gareth Gates
shocker
mufynman
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Stripped sump plug excf350 - Page 2 Empty Re: Stripped sump plug excf350

Post by bonkeye Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:22 pm

how the hell did you strip the thread? over tightened or cross threaded it ?
bonkeye
bonkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:25 pm

bonkeye wrote:how the hell did you strip the thread? over tightened or cross threaded it ?

Not one to start a another round of KTM bashing, but the clue as to 'how' is probably in the brand name  Very Happy
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by phil990 Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:09 am

mufynman wrote:I think I'll phone Paul at Dualsport in the morning . He just did my fork seals today , I should have left him the whole f*ckin bike !

Paul will do a good job!  Top man. And you are ham fisted Haha.

KTM fork seals can usually be fixed by just cleaning them out with a shim, WD40 and an airline. When you wash the bike make sure you clean the forks at the bottom behind the plastic guards! I go back and forwards with a rag and it removes all the dried mud that could find its way up past the seals. Make sure the chromed bottoms of the forks are spotless before every ride and they will last for ever...

More difficult I think on yours Rob. I believe it has wrap round fork guards.
phil990
phil990

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:23 pm

Just picked up bike , all sorted , Paul had to winkle engine out a bit to get a good shot on the sump hole . The fork oil was like Baileys apparently , so probably best I had them serviced . I will pay a bit more attention to them in future , uncle Phil ! Even bought myself a little torque wrench for my birthday , to stop me squeaking them bolts too tight !  smiler 
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:09 pm

phil990 wrote:
mufynman wrote:I think I'll phone Paul at Dualsport in the morning . He just did my fork seals today , I should have left him the whole f*ckin bike !

Paul will do a good job!  Top man. And you are ham fisted Haha.

KTM fork seals can usually be fixed by just cleaning them out with a shim, WD40 and an airline. When you wash the bike make sure you clean the forks at the bottom behind the plastic guards! I go back and forwards with a rag and it removes all the dried mud that could find its way up past the seals. Make sure the chromed bottoms of the forks are spotless before every ride and they will last for ever...

More difficult I think on yours Rob. I believe it has wrap round fork guards.
i agree wiv u there for once josh lol!  i take the guards loose every ride and clean chromed bottoms &  behind dust seals
sparks
sparks

Back to top Go down

Post by phil990 Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:08 pm

mufynman wrote: I will pay a bit more attention to them in future , uncle Phil !

Sorry didn't mean it to sound like a lecture.  Very Happy  Full of crap advice me! Haha

Learnt the fork trick back in the eighties I think. As for the sump plug, well its all a learning curve init?  Very Happy
phil990
phil990

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2