South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garys super dopa fantastic real good ride in real nice dry weather ride report

+11
mc queen
juljam33
Gareth Gates
sparks
shocker
cricket2009
karlos
Denzil
wolfy
mufynman
steve
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Garys super dopa fantastic real good ride in real nice dry weather ride report - Page 3 Empty Re: Garys super dopa fantastic real good ride in real nice dry weather ride report

Post by steve Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:17 am

Its a cracker, Can watch on wide screen to.
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Garys super dopa fantastic real good ride in real nice dry weather ride report - Page 3 Empty Re: Garys super dopa fantastic real good ride in real nice dry weather ride report

Post by phil990 Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:22 am

Looks good enough to me Gary! Very Happy 
Yam sounds nice too. Being the leader doesn't help when creating video either I suppose. You miss all the carnage when up the front...

And as for music on the video. I don't mind either way.  Very Happy 

Nice one!  cheers 
phil990
phil990

Back to top Go down

Post by phil990 Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:36 am

I am going to spend a few pennies on eBay today on lights!

My thoughts on extra headlights

1).   Same as  Gary's light on the Yam which is like a strip of LED's. Do they work of 12volt? I presume the light is similar to the one's Andy and Waynetta had  on there bikes when they came down from Peak district to Jeff's?

2)   4 or 5 LED spot lights to go on helmet which I think need a 8.4 battery pack?

Would I need both? Does your setup Gary do the job? Is a spotlight on the helmet that much better than on the bike? Can you get the spot lights to work of the battery?

Bit of video night footage would be cool!

Last edited by phil990 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
phil990
phil990

Back to top Go down

Post by geraint Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:36 am

some nice shakin stevens would have been nice as backing music  lol!  lol!  
but having said that we would have missed your oooooooooo moment at 6.02 if green door was playing Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
geraint
geraint

Back to top Go down

Post by phil990 Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:49 am

mc queen wrote:don't know if we ran out of light or gary woz to slow.

Mel. I was trying to count how many times Gary overtook you on the video! He he  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
phil990
phil990

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:08 pm

phil990 wrote:I am going to spend a few pennies on eBay today on lights!

My thoughts on extra headlights

1).   Same as  Gary's light on the Yam which is like a strip of LED's. Do they work of 12volt? I presume the light is similar to the one's Andy and Waynetta had  on there bikes when they came down from Peak district to Jeff's?

2)   4 or 5 LED spot lights to go on helmet which I think need a 8.4 battery pack?

Would I need both? Does your setup Gary do the job? Is a spotlight on the helmet that much better than on the bike? Can you get the spot lights to work of the battery?

Bit of video night footage would be cool!

'Under 'General Chat' there's a post called 'Night riding with lots more info  Very Happy 
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:12 pm

phil990 wrote:
mc queen wrote:don't know if we ran out of light or gary woz to slow.

Mel. I was trying to count how many times Gary overtook you on the video! He he  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Only because if I didn't he might have disappeared over the horizon again - Mel style!  Very Happy
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by phil990 Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:36 pm

You happy with that light Gary?
phil990
phil990

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:58 pm

phil990 wrote:You happy with that light Gary?

Yes, very - but at 20 quid don't expect the performance of a fancy HID setup costing x10
It doesn't project the light that far, but has a wide beam so OK as a 'get you home' job
If you want to do serious night riding though suspect a bigger investment needed!
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by phil990 Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:05 pm

Cheers Gary. Very Happy 
phil990
phil990

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next