South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not really a ride report, but.......

+4
wege
Tilts
karlos
shocker
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Not really a ride report, but....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Not really a ride report, but.......

Post by frank spencer Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:22 pm

Guys think i mite of asked before but how do i find out when these events are on?
frank spencer
frank spencer

Back to top Go down

Not really a ride report, but....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Not really a ride report, but.......

Post by shocker Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:58 pm

You'll find all the Long Distance Trials listed here http://www.eventdirectory.org.uk/
Can be done by any enduro bike, but prepare to be tharshed by old duffers on XL 185's etc!
We just treat 'em as a cracking trail ride with some optional tricky bit's on the way around.

'Normal' trials listed in the back of the T&MX, usually best done on a trials bike though
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by ogri Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:37 pm

some of the boys over the club did the one in weston.was that the one you were at mate?

ogri

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:09 pm

ogri wrote:some of the boys over the club did the one in weston.was that the one you were at mate?

No, it was at Clyro and an absolute bugger!
Bit of a shambles though due to frozen ground and the river loads of sections were in being frozen solid! 75% of the entry (including me!) failed to finish a lap. The bloke who won the twinshock class dropped 106 points rather than the normal 10ish!!

Cheers

Ps who else on here try thier hand at this trials caper??
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilts Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:19 pm

yeah me, done 20 mins on my mate gas gas 250 the other day, feck that..... Shocked

recked my arms and hands...enjoyed it though...love to have a go on the old stuff one day.
Tilts
Tilts

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:40 pm

I know what you mean!
An average trial takes about 4 hrs, and i'm more knackered after than a very long hard day on the CRF.
Needing all the exersize i can get, is a good reason for doing it.
If you can get hold of that GasGas, come and ride up and down tha Black Mountains for a day, it'll beat that game machine thingy for fun and sweat!

Cheers
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by frank spencer Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:07 pm

2shocker wrote:
You'll find all the Long Distance Trials listed here http://www.eventdirectory.org.uk/
Can be done by any enduro bike, but prepare to be tharshed by old duffers on XL 185's etc!
We just treat 'em as a cracking trail ride with some optional tricky bit's on the way around.

'Normal' trials listed in the back of the T&MX, usually best done on a trials bike though

Thanks for that something for me and the lad to watch.
frank spencer
frank spencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2