South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leisure battery / inverter / heater

+7
shocker
JTM525
wolfy
Taffy300
wayne xr
Viv
crm250dude
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Leisure battery / inverter / heater Empty Leisure battery / inverter / heater

Post by crm250dude Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:42 pm

Not exactly bike related - but I know you lot are a font of knowledge

I got my minibus / ambulance and need to have some sort of power - particularly to heat it up, cos the missus is hot blooded and the chances of any action depend greatly on the internal temperature of the van..

so first i need a leisure battery setup ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

then an inverter to run 240v stuff - mainly a heater that could be left on overnight on low ...

and this heater says it is efficient to run at 800w ...

I know there are things out there that cost a bomb that do the job ...

but i'm only going to use it a few weekends a year ... and im not spending over a monkey on a chance of a bunk up

crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Leisure battery / inverter / heater Empty Re: Leisure battery / inverter / heater

Post by Viv Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:12 pm

Feck sake dude ever erd of travel lodge lol!
Viv
Viv

Back to top Go down

Leisure battery / inverter / heater Empty Re: Leisure battery / inverter / heater

Post by wayne xr Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:19 pm

I would go for a gas heater out off an old caravan and look into solar panel to charge up battery you can run lights and small tv off 12v
wayne xr
wayne xr

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:23 pm

Where im going there aint no travel lodge - I was thinking about gas heater - but if you leave them on all night their dangerous aint they ?
- i dont want to kill my dogs
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne xr Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:35 pm

Find someone scraping an old caravan and get your mrs a hob and sink aswell ,spoil her dude show her you care
wayne xr
wayne xr

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne xr Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:41 pm

Not sure if you need it on all night.once the van is warm should be ok if you get cold you cwtch up to the dogs
wayne xr
wayne xr

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:53 pm

I like the idea of a gas cooker from a caravan - oven and grill - mmmmm MEAT
but if she wakes up in the middle of the night and she's cold all she will do is set the dogs off barking howling and moaning .... and then the dogs will start
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy300 Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:33 am

Leave her in the house. She'll be warm & comfy, & if she gets lonely coz the dogs are not there, she's got her sink, cooker & iron to play with Smile Smile
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:20 am

Theres a caravan scrappy in Blaenavon dude , may be worth a look at what they got ?
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by JTM525 Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:09 am

Better off with a pure sine wave inverter Spence, those modified ones are shite!
I would also look at a caravan zig unit so at least then if you go to a campsite you can plug in the power too and charge your battery cheers
And definitely try and get a proper caravan heater or ersbacher, I wouldn't trust one of them halogens to be on all night and they're bright as feck too Suspect
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next