South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Devon .

5 posters

Go down

Devon . Empty Devon .

Post by whyzedd Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:55 pm

Finally got to do a loop that was kindly sent to me by a certain cake derived name member (sent him routes too) as the ride report looked very nice . I know of North and West Devon but not East so I was itching to have a look . Four of us went as it was a "blind" ride and I really didn't know what to expect .  One of the four was a guy that I know that rides in Romania a fair bit and has offered his services plus he has German mates that would be happy to show folk around (it's good to talk and go to new places) . We parked at Bishops Clyst  and orf we went but my PusseyNav started playing up so I stopped on a long straight trail to reset it . Lo and behold , the folks behind me had invented a little pre load jump and my mate Lee , at the back hadn't noticed that we had stopped . Next thing we saw was Lee flying past us on the verge and going front end over with his bike following suit . It was quite impressive but he ended up with a nasty 10mm hole in the skin aside his knee . Last time he was in Devon he broke his elbow . I thought we were jinxed ...........
Devon . 20151003_111430_zpszm4fkef7
Once he got his wind back , we rode down to the nearest place to get him some pain killers and plasters . I was thinking it was game over and we were only a few lanes into the ride . Noooooooo!
Devon . 20151003_112903%201_zpsxexpxeux
I know that Lee is not one for letting folk down so he carried on with his gammy leg . Honestly , some folks will do ANYTHING to get out of gate duty !
We did quite a few trails before we arrived at this beauty spot that I had seen on the previous report . Nice place .
Devon . 20151003_120247_zps9e01ete7
As we got there , there was a group taking pic's and my mate shouted "stand back a bit more for a better picture !" , they saw the funny side thank fuck .
Devon . 20151003_120059%201_zpsfit0z5ok
More trails please mister...
Devon . IMGP2350_zpsun0iip6i
Devon . IMGP2351_zpsymxtjvf7
Devon . IMGP2352_zpsbgolrg9p
Devon . IMGP2353_zps5rmzapgg
Devon . IMGP2354_zpssifiw5o5
Devon . IMGP2355_zpsn2dit5ps
Devon . IMGP2356_zpslryzvl3w
Devon . IMGP2357_zps8wfrn4h8
Very nice road sign I must add . Should have said Cider though .
Devon . IMGP2359_zpsyvhbjeiu
A quick lunch break in Honiton and a shite petrol station sarnie . Little did we know that there was warm food behind them thar trees at the back of the pic . Next time eh !
Devon . 20151003_145802_zpsvzlzpfuz
Onward we went until we came across this little beaut of a lane . I wasn't too sure what to expect so I rode with caution . Lovely trail mind .
Devon . IMGP2362_zpsuzuknnot
Devon . IMGP2363_zpseymbsdom
Devon . IMGP2365_zpscs48cdex
Devon . IMGP2366_zpsuvb7p0el
Devon . IMGP2368_zpsuym2dvmi
Devon . IMGP2361_zpshwqthifp
Loads of trails flowed after that but unfortunately for me my camera battery died . Twas really nice to ride some new routes and a big thanks for sharing . This route will only be used by good folk and not be given to all and sundry . Next time that I go there I will be doing it backwards as I think that there will be some good challenges on hand , especially if it's been a bit wet . BIG thanks . I think forums are The Nuts ! Devon . 170626
whyzedd
whyzedd

Back to top Go down

Devon . Empty Re: Devon .

Post by steve Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:36 pm

Fair play Steve you get about that van of yours must have galactic miles on it by now.
Take it lee wasn't wearing knee pads then? and wtf is that exhaust guard 2nd to last photo Shocked
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by whyzedd Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:17 am

Lee wears them 661 mtb ones and they twisted as he fell . That's what you get when you go cheap I reckon . As for the alien looking guard , it's one of those Hyde ones . Very effective but really ugly . Three Cans/Wayne Kerr has one . Proper braced up with bars . Real good for smasherising stuff but real ugly . Good piece of kit for extreme riding though .
whyzedd
whyzedd

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:10 am

Cracking pics, enjoyed that loop when we where down there last Very Happy
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 am

Great report Steve , yeah that gulley could be interesting the other way affraid . poor old Lee , hes like crash test dummy !
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by keith husky 450 Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:30 am

Fab report looks a good place for me no puddles
keith husky 450
keith husky 450

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content