South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

proactionsport.co.uk - bearings/brakes/sprockets

+5
wolfy
steve
mufynman
mizzed
crm250dude
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

proactionsport.co.uk - bearings/brakes/sprockets - Page 2 Empty Re: proactionsport.co.uk - bearings/brakes/sprockets

Post by mizzed Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:21 am

wolfy wrote:
mizzed wrote:just had sprokets, bearings, spherical bearings and pads off him, all arrived free and next day, forgot to ask for 10%, but he was so cheep anyways I was more than happy.

I found the front sprockets don't last & curl very quick, so gone back to talon on the front.
Pads, bearings, disc's & rear sprocket fine tho! Great value too!

Should have specified, its the rear sproket I bought. Still running my 24mx front which has been fine.
mizzed
mizzed

Back to top Go down

proactionsport.co.uk - bearings/brakes/sprockets - Page 2 Empty Re: proactionsport.co.uk - bearings/brakes/sprockets

Post by Taffymoto22 Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:46 pm

Went through a set of his rear pads in one ride. They are crap. DP pads do a set of front and rears delivered for £24 and they're mega.
Taffymoto22
Taffymoto22

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:27 pm

Mine last at least 6 long rides scratch ok I got a four banger so don't need the back brake that much....but you sure you got your brake pedal set right, free play in your rear calliper ok too like...? cant see you braking that much in one day mate your disc must of been on fire munn lol!
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:32 pm

I got to say i was a bit surprised how quick i went through them - but i did have the rekluse setup so was heavy on the back brake

just put new ones in tonight - no more rekluse .... ill report back in time
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:57 pm

I've just chucked on a set of thier front rear brake disc's and pads will see how long they last
mizzed
mizzed

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:03 pm

At £15 front and back delivered what you expect?
I do about 4/5 rides on a set in the summer when dry.
In the winter ive gone through a set in less then 2 rides, find the riding conditions the biggest factor on how long they last but I,l keep using them.
225 hours still on original discs soft pads.
Hard pads last long but wear the discs faster cant have it both ways.
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:08 am

Previous set of their rear pads must have lasted me 6 or 7 rides , last set came out after 2 . Riding conditions werent that much different , maybe a bit wetter , but makes you wonder if on these cheap pads , some batches are better than others . 170 hours on original disc , looking a bit worn , but still working Smile
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by phil990 Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:49 am

Taffymoto22 wrote:Went through a set of his rear pads in one ride. They are crap. DP pads do a set of front and rears delivered for £24 and they're mega.

I always thought sintered pads were the same. They look the same but you can get soft and hard compounds. God knows who would use the soft ones. The dealer knows which is which but also needs to get rid of the soft ones... wtf
phil990
phil990

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:38 pm

Taffymoto22 wrote:Went through a set of his rear pads in one ride. They are crap. DP pads do a set of front and rears delivered for £24 and they're mega.

Gotta agree on the rears 2 rides and they are 0.5mm to the metal. The fronts are holding up ok though, which is odd considering the materials look identical.
mizzed
mizzed

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:38 pm

Try using the front brake more and the rear less Laughing
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next