South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kriega Kit

+7
crm250dude
mizzed
NYLONZ
mufynman
kirky
shocker
Taffy300
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Kriega Kit Empty Kriega Kit

Post by Taffy300 Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:14 pm

No I dont have anything better to do other than sit in the office on SWTR site, Ebay, Amazon & whatever else I can think of to get me out of working.

To all that use Kriega kit:

Whats the best rucksack size to buy, Im basing this on the bigger the bag the more shit you tend to carry, I use a Camelbak Mule 15L, which would be great if all the compartments wasnt seperate, this making it several pointless small ish compartments.

Is the R25 to big ?
Opinions on the R20 please
Is the R15 to small ?

Can you give me your reviews & reasons please....Cheers.
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Kriega Kit Empty Re: Kriega Kit

Post by shocker Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:58 pm

Hi

The R15 works well for me Very Happy
It's plenty big enough for trail riding, including a water bladder (that you do have to buy yourself though!) with straps that tighten up to stop stuff moving around when it's only half full, and can also be let out to make a lot more room if necessary - to stuff a coat in for example

But the best bit though is the way it carries weight without you feeling it, due to the fancy harness/strap system
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy300 Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:22 pm

Thanks Gary.. Very Happy
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by kirky Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:47 pm

I got R15 used it for Barmouth and out in Spain , brilliant kit , get the small velcro pouch for your phone too , just put it in a sealed bag just in case of any strata style sheenanigans , try Adventure spec website or Touratech Kriega Kit 170626
kirky
kirky

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:25 pm

Ive got the Hydro 3 camel pack , plus the R20 ( which I dont use much ) , which you can swap the bladder into . The Hyrdo 3 has a waterproof pocket that I can squeeze my Kriega Stash wallet manpouch , and a phone into but thats about it . But with the Wolfman Daytripper bags and an Acerbis Tool pouch on the bike , theres more than enough room for all your bits , plus no weight on your back . All depends if you dont mind the weight , cos like you say , the bigger the more shit you'll end up putting in it . And like Kirky said , get a Kriega Kube pocket to go on the front for camera , phone etc . Its good stuff , tough zips etc cheers
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy300 Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:59 pm

Cheers Kirky, Cheers Rob.....I've got the Kube pouch, Just need a change of bag, Oh & I need a bike lol! lol!
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:06 pm

I went for a 15 , but on the phone the bloke said he didnt sell many , most bought the 20 . Like Gary said , nice harness set up , even for the stouter man about the trail ! Won't be long now , you'll be freezing cold out on some hill , wishing you were back there in the sun Wink
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy300 Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:31 pm

mufynman wrote:I went for a 15 , but on the phone the bloke said he didnt sell many , most bought the 20 . Like Gary said , nice harness set up , even for the stouter man about the trail ! Won't be long now , you'll be freezing cold out on some hill , wishing you were back there in the sun Wink

Ok, I'll hang on a bit to see if there are anymore reveiws before cracking open the piggy bank......1 thing is for sure Rob, no matter what the weather, I certainly dont wish coming back here, I'd like to think its coming to an end soon ish, had a tit full....the only thing thats putting me off quiting is getting a proper job smiler
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by kirky Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:48 pm

Get a carrier bag and a Tesco bungee , very different kind of backpack , very individual lol!
kirky
kirky

Back to top Go down

Post by NYLONZ Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:40 pm

Pretty much had them all:

R15 - Too Small for a night away but OK for a day out. (can add US5 / 10 onto for more room)
R20 - Pretty much perfect.  (can add US5 / 10 onto for more room)
R25 - OK for a long weekend & enough room for Jeans / Trainers / Sweatshirt sort of packing.
R35 - Toured around France for 5 days & it was Brilliant (can't use a hydration pack with this one) if a tad big

Now I use a Hydro3 with a US5 strapped to the back when I need more room (can also strap the US10 to it)
I also have the Rally Pack screwed to my rear fender for tools etc & Front / Rear Haul Loops.
NYLONZ
NYLONZ

http://www.nylonz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next