South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bike rack carrier towbar thing

+6
Deank69
Dicky
phil990
geraint
Skippy
Hopes Dad
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bike rack carrier towbar thing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bike rack carrier towbar thing

Post by Hopes Dad Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Right, you all know I'm not in charge in my house, so I asked my wife if I can have a trailer, she says no, I have to much shit already. If I could get it in the garage no problem, but I cant!

I said Dean has a little one & she said she knew that already, but I told her he could fold it in half, she looked surprised.

But as she has the last word, she said " Look, just borrow skippys strap on & we can take it from there" lol!

I did think of making one of those Towing efforts, but I reckon they will just shag the tyres out
Hopes Dad
Hopes Dad

Back to top Go down

Bike rack carrier towbar thing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bike rack carrier towbar thing

Post by juljam33 Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:22 pm

ive got a dave cooper bike rack and find it ace, ive got the same problem with nowhere to keep a trailer so the only option is a bike rack, granted a trailer would be better especially one like deans but if thats not an option then go for the rack !
i used to have it on the back of a focus and carrying my ktm 450 ,the steering was a bit light but nothing to worry about
you can get spring assisters which look like rubber doughnuts to fit in the coil springs for about £30 which ive got fitted to my mondeo to keep things nice and level,
the beauty of having a rack is being able to park in any street or carpark, lob the it in the boot and ride away
there is a bit of nack in getting the bike on and off but once you`ve done it a couple of times its simples
ive been using mine for about 5yrs and i aint lost my bike yet (touch wood) and no dents on the back of my car either
juljam33
juljam33

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopes Dad Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:54 pm

Cheers Jul, that s what I needed to know!

Just want to see if I can lift the bike on & if the car will take it.

I do have a 3 bike trailer, buts its buried in my dads garage, along with a mk1 fiesta, which I was suppose to be restoring. So if I bought another trailer 1, wife wouldn't be happy 2, dad wouldn't be happy.

I wll look into spring assistors, how easy are they to fit?
Hopes Dad
Hopes Dad

Back to top Go down

Post by captain caveman Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:59 pm

Van.
captain caveman
captain caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopes Dad Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:05 pm

She won't let me have trailer, how should I put it asking for a van? lol!
Hopes Dad
Hopes Dad

Back to top Go down

Post by juljam33 Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:08 pm

jack the car up take wheel off and slide the assisters around the coil stick wheel back on and repeat other side......VERY easy
type in spring assisters on ebay theres loads on there
juljam33
juljam33

Back to top Go down

Post by captain caveman Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:13 pm

Hopes Dad wrote:
She won't let me have trailer, how should I put it asking for a van? lol!

Just tell her your buying it to keep all your junk in, out of site lol!
captain caveman
captain caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Gates Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:57 pm

got one here steve if you want to try or buy Rolling Eyes
Gareth Gates
Gareth Gates

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Gates Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:58 pm

got one here steve if you want to try or buy Rolling Eyes
Gareth Gates
Gareth Gates

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopes Dad Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:30 pm

Bancok chickboy wrote:got one here steve if you want to try or buy Rolling Eyes

Cheers, thanks for the offer.

Hopefully when I get home I can try Skippy's, if its any good ( not the rack, more if the car & bike are a match ) I may take you up on the offer.

Out of curio, how much are you looking for?
Hopes Dad
Hopes Dad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next