South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Registering a non reg bike

+4
Gadget
bonkeye
captain caveman
Hopes Dad
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Registering a non reg bike - Page 3 Empty Re: Registering a non reg bike

Post by Hopes Dad Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:48 pm

Time to get round to a plastic moulders & get some specials made then! Very Happy

I'm surprised with your talent you haven't managed to make your own.
Hopes Dad
Hopes Dad

Back to top Go down

Post by catuk Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:40 pm

A friend ofmine has an injection moulding machine, cnc machines etc but it's cost prohibitive to do a small run. It's a few hundred quid just for a billet of aluminium.
catuk
catuk

http://www.xr250.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Fallsalot Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:28 pm

I've registered a trials bike about 6 years ago as said you need a certificate of newness from the who ever made the bike i had mine from gasgas uk
Next is the MOT there is no such thing as a daytime MOT it is a standard MOT with an advisory on it saying no lights fitted at time of MOT i had nothing on it no speedo no horn no reflectors as i said nothing then theres the insurance bennets gave me a cover note for a month with no registration number they were the only ones i could find at the time that would do it and you only had a month to get it done so make sure your ready before you insure it
The form you need to fill in i forget what it's called but any good bike shop would tell you as they use them all the time, at first the form looks a bit scary but all you have to fill in is your details the bikes details and theres a box there i think its something to do with the sva test you just put in there trials and enduro exempt
I took all the paperwork to DVLA in Llanishen in cardiff handed it over to get it checked as i wasnt sure if it was all ok he dissapeared and i thought here we go but the guy came back a few minutes with a new MOT certificate now containing the registration number a tax disc and a form to allow you to get a numberplate made i think it cost me £68 and that included the road tax.
No inspection of the bike as the MOT certificate was the proof that it was roadworthy
I thought it was going to be so complex but it was easy.
Sir Fallsalot
Sir Fallsalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3