South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North Devon trip

+12
Bigjonny
geraint
juljam33
matthavedice
crm250dude
wayne xr
wolfy
brownie
mizzed
mufynman
steve
shocker
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

North Devon trip  Empty North Devon trip

Post by shocker Sun May 14, 2017 5:08 pm

Another brilliant trial ride in North Devon!
Firstly thanks to Brownie for sorting everything, Dave the Grandmother sorry Godfather of Devon trail riding for sweeping and general information plus everyone else for the laughs and great company

I turned up at the camp site eventually after putting an 'A' where there should be a 'Q' in the satnav so spent an hour touring piddling little roads about an inch wider than my van Embarassed  
We all expected it to be mega busy after the faff of booking and paying in advance - and found this!!

North Devon trip  RIMG1623_zpsdkqjtj7q

The next shock was Joss turning up in his new camper!

Instead of the hedge monkey waggon we all expected, he rocked up in a very flash Winnebago thing looking a bit too pleased with himself when he told us about his central heating, king sized bed, gold taps etc etc  Very Happy

North Devon trip  RIMG1620_zpsjwfjw0fg

Wolfy then saved the day with his 24MX awning job, that not only kept us dry through the evening showers (pissing down rain actually!) but also acted as a garage

At last Wolfy found a use for a Honda - an anchor to chain a KTM to!

North Devon trip  RIMG1614_zpskquzlqe2

And i found a use for a KTM - something to hold a bin liner up with  lol!

North Devon trip  RIMG1618_zpsaftpgcfl

All set up and joined by Wayne, it started to piss down again so headed off for beer, grub and to play pool on an L shaped pool table - must be a Devon thing scratch

North Devon trip  RIMG1622_zpsbbtgk5yn

Next morning (after a the usual crap night's sleep in a van with the rain bouncing off the roof) were joined by Paul, Paul, Matt and headed off to meet the Devon boys (and an old boy) in the sunshine cheers

North Devon trip  RIMG1625_zpsuzaw2cqh

Paul looking like he's seen a bloke with a gun

North Devon trip  RIMG1628_zpsxhgjsyfn

But when we turned around there was a bloke standing there with a 12 bore - no shit!
But the only thing dangerous about him was he could bore you to death when he started chunttering on about his bloody holiday and putting the wind up us with stories of how hard the next lane was!
The lane was hard, but not anywhere near as hard as he'd said, so some of us made a bit of a meal of it just to make him feel better

On to more flowing stuff, but so flowing couldn't really get many pic's

North Devon trip  RIMG1630_zpsn17urdje

North Devon trip  RIMG1632_zpss62tgsdo

North Devon trip  RIMG1633_zpsrahbzusr

Wolfy thinks he's found a short cut home - straight across the Bristol channel  affraid

You can almost imagine him saying it  'just keep it wound open and head straight across - it'll be fine'

North Devon trip  RIMG1634_zpsrx35l0eg

North Devon trip  RIMG1638_zpsyaprwfnt

North Devon trip  RIMG1640_zpsop3sc687

North Devon trip  RIMG1642_zpsvhbk1rcn

Then everything stopped, with the next rider not appearing for half an hour, so went back and found Adam with a knackered Tubliss thing, bugger all to mend it with, and Joss defending the shit thing's while standing next to this own Tubliss (or some equally shit make of thing) fitted bike, with about 2 psi in it and unable to blow it up!

North Devon trip  RIMG1644_zpsxsy9ixd7

The debacle of fixing it is well photographed by some of the other lads, so maybe they'll fill the gap here, but the evil bastard thing ended up finishing Adam's day early as he headed off looking for medical help  Evil or Very Mad

Onwards and literally upwards to the next lane, which was steep, rocky and greasy but worse of all blocked further up by a bloke on a bike!

North Devon trip  RIMG1645_zps3jqgj8sj

One by one we scabbled up

North Devon trip  RIMG1646_zpsdq1hlivo

North Devon trip  RIMG1647_zpsuor7ent0

North Devon trip  RIMG1648_zpsf2gtmtpq

North Devon trip  RIMG1649_zpsv0afau3j

North Devon trip  RIMG1651_zps6pn25gd5

North Devon trip  RIMG1650_zpsi3tvd0km

As each one turned up we kept hearing how 'Wayne's blowing out of his arse down there'

We only found out why later, and after a few beers........
He was pushing everyone else up, who then rode off and left him!  Smile

North Devon trip  RIMG1653_zpsajlm8awn

Bloody fly tippers!  Very Happy

North Devon trip  RIMG1655_zpstavkfdf5

A few quite rapid lanes later Brownie clouted this poor defenceless tree

North Devon trip  RIMG1657_zpsaxe5ceas

But it got it's own back by launching him down into the ditch, and was also soon off looking for medical help after
But he survived, and was well enough to munch his way through five or six burgers later   Burger

North Devon trip  RIMG1656_zpsqi2xudjw

Luckily the fastest pensioner in the west Mr Muller stepped forward to finish a fantastic day just as it started pissing down - again!

Back at the van the chefs started cooking man food - meat, loads of it and burnt!

North Devon trip  RIMG1658_zpsq7fmfw2o

Joss worked his nuts off buttering rolls while someone else cooked his burgers

North Devon trip  RIMG1659_zpss7ez7yxz

But the git's then eat them leaving Joss with sod all  Burger
Oh, the sympathy he got.......... Laughing  Laughing

North Devon trip  RIMG1661_zpsyiodzwsk

By midnight the there was sod all to drink left, and everything from politics (for 5 seconds before Wolfy stopped that shit) how useless and now also dangerous Tubliss things are and suppositories (don't ask!) had been discussed it was off to bed to listen to the rain beating off that tin roof again  What a Face

Next morning at sparrow fart got caught by Joss loading the bike as the sun was coming up
See the camp site got really packed then!

North Devon trip  RIMG1666_zpsrorv8fib

Wolfy and Wayne got up looking a little fatigued for a while.......

North Devon trip  RIMG1669_zps1jpydvky

North Devon trip  RIMG1671_zpsotfpxbmd

But a fag, a cuppa and a shower later were rearing to go out on the bikes again - the nutters!

After chucking these in the bin we heard Wayne saying ''anyone seen those sausage's, i'll have 'em for breakfast''  lol!  lol!

North Devon trip  RIMG1670_zpsodgtq1n9

Thanks again everyone - it was the usual mix of lunacy that always makes these things such good fun cheers

Last edited by shocker on Sun May 14, 2017 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

North Devon trip  Empty Re: North Devon trip

Post by steve Sun May 14, 2017 6:30 pm

Good old fashioned ride report there Gar  cheers looked like a good weekend.
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Sun May 14, 2017 6:41 pm

Looked like a good un ! That Gazebo looked handy too . That picture of Wayne in his van - I can almost smell the farts Sleep affraid
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed Sun May 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Great pics Gar,

Btw, tubliss are great as long as they are hanging on my garage wall And that's where they are stayingn Smile
mizzed
mizzed

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Sun May 14, 2017 6:53 pm

mizzed wrote:Great pics Gar,

Btw, tubliss are great as long as they are hanging on my garage wall And that's where they are stayingn Smile
wtf   you wouldn't have said that a year ago  North Devon trip  365881
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie Sun May 14, 2017 6:53 pm

cracking pics and write up shocker,
was a cracking weekend, nice scenic route with a few slippy climbs thrown in for good measure,
that tree never knew what hit it, i'm still aching now but could have been a lot worse so happy with that.
not been at one with the bike for a few rides but changed to the tyres i normally use and immediatly felt back in the grove so mojo well and truly found again.
thanks guys for a great weekend.

North Devon trip  <a href=North Devon trip  Adam_a10" />

North Devon trip  <a href=North Devon trip  Get_or10" />
brownie
brownie

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Sun May 14, 2017 7:09 pm

brownie wrote:cracking pics and write up shocker,
was a cracking weekend, nice scenic route with a few slippy climbs thrown in for good measure,
that tree never knew what hit it, i'm still aching now but could have been a lot worse so happy with that.
not been at one with the bike for a few rides but changed to the tyres i normally use and immediatly felt back in the grove so mojo well and truly found again.
thanks guys for a great weekend.

North Devon trip  <a href=North Devon trip  Adam_a10" />

North Devon trip  <a href=North Devon trip  Get_or10" />

Thanks again Paul

Nice that you got evidence of the twat with the gun, and the fact Paul has given up listening and I've got a 'what the fuck are you on about'? look on my face Very Happy
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed Sun May 14, 2017 7:13 pm

steve wrote:
mizzed wrote:Great pics Gar,

wtf   you wouldn't have said that a year ago  North Devon trip  365881

Shhhhh!! Get back in your box!!! lol!
mizzed
mizzed

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Sun May 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Cracking report & pic's, big thanks to brownie for leading & dave/shocker for sweeping saturday, also thanks again dave for leading the loop today too cheers
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne xr Sun May 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Great pics had an excellent weekend especially brownie and dave for leading us around
wayne xr
wayne xr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next