South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T lock/ Tubliss

+2
Taffy300
Viv
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

T lock/ Tubliss Empty T lock/ Tubliss

Post by Viv Fri May 27, 2016 8:27 am

Anybody know if there is any difference between these two and are the T Lock any good.
Run Bib mousses at the moment but due to tyre change may look at these.
Ps I will give this half a page before the abuse starts Snigger
Viv
Viv

Back to top Go down

T lock/ Tubliss Empty Re: T lock/ Tubliss

Post by Taffy300 Fri May 27, 2016 10:55 am

Feck Off !!
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by Viv Fri May 27, 2016 12:06 pm

Proper Question this is boys Anyone?
Viv
Viv

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed Fri May 27, 2016 6:40 pm

I'm struggling to figure out if your being serious or taking the piss Very Happy
mizzed
mizzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Viv Fri May 27, 2016 6:47 pm

mizzed wrote:I'm struggling to figure out if your being serious or taking the piss Very Happy

Im actually wanting to know as there is ground in the fact that mousses last about 3 tyres tubliss last a lot longer.
So will look at it as an option.

Ps Just don't tell anybody
Viv
Viv

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed Fri May 27, 2016 6:55 pm

On the slim change your serious heres the downlow.

They both work off the same principle. Complete rim lock with a high pressure inner bladder to create a tubeless low pressure chamber with the tyre.

Difference includes but not limited to, t-lock has a single valve, inflate the inner bladder, then you have to insert the supplied needle to inflate the tyre chamber. Tubliss has two separate valves so you don't need the needle to inflate the chamber.

This info was correct when I chose Tubliss over t-lock as it seemed simpler to me, and spare parts are freely available.

Phill990 runs T-lock and should be able to give you info on them.

Really miss the grip on mine, but getting used to mousses now, which has totally changed how I ride compared to Tubliss, I'm still getting through everything I did before, but I do have to attack it harder. I also note if I make a mistake on mouses I hit the floor, same mistakes on Tubliss I could save them alot easier.

Gotta say tho, with my recent punctures (a fuckton of them), I'm appreciating not having to care about punctures a hell of a lot more with the mousses in than the additional grip I gained, I'd still use tubliss tho if i had extremely low chances of punctures.
mizzed
mizzed

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed Fri May 27, 2016 6:57 pm

Viv wrote:
mizzed wrote:I'm struggling to figure out if your being serious or taking the piss Very Happy

Im actually wanting to know as there is ground in the fact that mousses last about 3 tyres tubliss last a lot longer.
So will look at it as an option.

Ps Just don't tell anybody

Julian was saying the Dunlop mousses last a good while (lot more than 3 tyres I believe), worth a try over the Michelins. I'm really liking the Dunlops now I'm getting used to them.
mizzed
mizzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Viv Fri May 27, 2016 7:02 pm

mizzed wrote:On the slim change your serious heres the downlow.

They both work off the same principle. Complete rim lock with a high pressure inner bladder to create a tubeless low pressure chamber with the tyre.

Difference includes but not limited to, t-lock has a single valve, inflate the inner bladder, then you have to insert the supplied needle to inflate the tyre chamber. Tubliss has two separate valves so you don't need the needle to inflate the chamber.

This info was correct when I chose Tubliss over t-lock as it seemed simpler to me, and spare parts are freely available.

Phill990 runs T-lock and should be able to give you info on them.

Really miss the grip on mine, but getting used to mousses now, which has totally changed how I ride compared to Tubliss, I'm still getting through everything I did before, but I do have to attack it harder. I also note if I make a mistake on mouses I hit the floor, same mistakes on Tubliss I could save them alot easier.

Gotta say tho, with my recent punctures (a fuckton of them), I'm appreciating not having to care about punctures a hell of a lot more with the mousses in than the additional grip I gained, I'd still use tubliss tho if i had extremely low chances of punctures.

Cheers Pete

Still like my mousses and they will do one more tyre so may leave it till you've really tested yours against tubliss T lock/ Tubliss 170626
Like the two valve idea better than the one
Viv
Viv

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed Fri May 27, 2016 7:03 pm

Would have said you could have borrowed my tubliss to test, but I stripped the fancy rimlocks off them to use with my mousses.
mizzed
mizzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Viv Fri May 27, 2016 7:09 pm

mizzed wrote:Would have said you could have borrowed my tubliss to test, but I stripped the fancy rimlocks off them to use with my mousses.
Thanks Pete.
Odd how two different mousse makes can act so different.
Just going to change the Mitas double green for a slightly harder single green so I will see how it is with that.
Viv
Viv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next