South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A day of wee puddles

+18
Gareth Gates
darcydog
Spacecadet
obelix
whyzedd
brownie
Taffy300
Clarky_two
tri-z
steve
juljam33
mc queen
crm250dude
mufynman
phil990
keith husky 450
mizzed
wolfy
22 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A day of wee puddles - Page 7 Empty Re: A day of wee puddles

Post by juljam33 Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:47 pm

Problem I get is if im not riding at a pace im comfortable with ie got to focus a bit my mind wanders and I start thinking about whats for dinner or work or shite and that usually ends up with me in the hedge Embarassed . I suppose im guilty of the odd overtake but do try to pass safely and I got no problem with being blitzed by a quicker rider and enjoy trying to keep up with them. The beauty of our rideouts is were of all different abilities and we all enjoy them enormously, I think if this 2 sec rule starts peeps may get bored and start doing rides on ability which will be a bit sad I recon . Anyway theres a few guys on ere that aint been riding that long but are very capable and pretty quick and I recon thats because they ride with a few more experienced peeps which brings them on no end cheers
At the end of the day nobodys been hit off and the quicker riders usually end up doing more gates which makes the not so quick riders day a bit more enjoyable Chink
juljam33
juljam33

Back to top Go down

Post by juljam33 Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:51 pm

We be putting a 15mph speed limit on rides next and then barbour jacket rule and then serrow only rule and then no wheelspin rule and then ..... the trf members only rule affraid affraid
juljam33
juljam33

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Agree totally Jules - when im overtaken, drenched or not - it does spur me on - gives me a buzz
makes me push it harder - thats only going to make me ride better ..
I love the fact that i can ride alongside top riders who have control over a bike i can only dream of ... thats what gets the shit pumping through your veins
and overall i dont want to ruin a ride - i dont want to be babysat - if we pull up and start talking about whether or not to do a lane like - boulder alley or motel hill - as my teachers used to say in my school report "easily led"
take the rough with the smooth - and i have confidence just knowing the boys im with will cover my ass - even if i do have to do a walk of shame or two A day of wee puddles - Page 7 170626

crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by JTM525 Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:09 pm

juljam33 wrote:We be putting a 15mph speed limit on rides next and then barbour jacket rule and then serrow only rule and then no wheelspin rule and then ..... the trf members only rule affraid affraid
Beard and pisspot helmet rule lol!
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:53 am

Only way to solve this is we all have to wear a bib with a big letters on the back so approaching riders know the score . 'PMCO' means pass me and crack on , 'CIGG' means careful i'm Gareth Gates , 'GL' thats for Wolfy or Jules ( good luck ) , 'PMCFW' thats for Steve only ( pass me and clip my front wheel ) , 'PMEPAVS' thats for Gary ( pass me and expect to be passed again very shortly ) and then 'C*NT' , doesn't stand for anything but didn't want to miss out Kirky .
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:24 am

juljam33 wrote:We be putting a 15mph speed limit on rides next and then barbour jacket rule and then serrow only rule and then no wheelspin rule and then ..... the trf members only rule affraid affraid

lol! Me not ready to start packing a cheese sandwich with extra bread to feed the ducks on the way either lol!

It is awesome when one group of riders with different abilities & riding style head out & have a giggle together A day of wee puddles - Page 7 170626 that's trail riding cheers
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:27 am

Ps: Peeps have been hit off Jul..... where's the vid Rob ? lol!
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by JTM525 Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:32 am

wolfy wrote:

lol! Me not ready to start packing a cheese sandwich with extra bread to feed the ducks on the way either lol!

It is awesome when one group of riders with different abilities & riding style head out & have a giggle together A day of wee puddles - Page 7 170626 that's trail riding cheers
Don't forget your thermos flask Laughing
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:38 am

I always rely on shocker to bring the Espresso cheers lol!
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:46 am

100% agree with Julian - too many rules would spoil the whole freedom to have fun thing, but do have a sort of set of rules of my own, and maybe the problem is that we all do - but a different set!
Anyway, always know when he's coming by as can hear the evil chuckle miles off - just listen to one of his vid's  for it  Very Happy

Overtaking good if you're both in deep ruts etc, everyman for himself when trying to scrabble up a steep climb and can't stop, or if done by a faster rider who obviously knows what he's doing and can pick a good safe time to do it

Overtaking bad (and will piss off home rather than put up with it) when a rider keeps moving to the back at the ends of lanes just so he can push past 2 min's later, when you ease off for water and some twat blasts past covering you in what you were trying to avoid (unless it's a little game both were playing) and my least favourite on fast open going where you expect to pick any line without getting skittled  Evil or Very Mad

If you want to overtake that much go racing in say - but be prepared for it to happen to you quite a bit!
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum