South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A day of wee puddles

+18
Gareth Gates
darcydog
Spacecadet
obelix
whyzedd
brownie
Taffy300
Clarky_two
tri-z
steve
juljam33
mc queen
crm250dude
mufynman
phil990
keith husky 450
mizzed
wolfy
22 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A day of wee puddles - Page 6 Empty Re: A day of wee puddles

Post by wolfy Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:25 am

Funny you spotted that Neil Very Happy
Quite a few riders have said it is a lot more enjoyable when riding with the second man drop off if no one overtakes on the dirt & keeps to the two second rule, it allows the rider in front to focus on where they are going not whats going on behind em.
If he/she wants to take a different line they can with out the worry of their mate taking em out affraid
I totally agree with what the guys have said & will be using the second man rule with the two second rule too! when I get back out cheers
It truly makes the ride more enjoyable/more flowing & safer for All cheers

Tho if I come around the corner on motel hill & see steve on his arse laid across my path also think its fair game to ride right over him lol! lol!
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:38 am

Definitely when following newer members that's a must , and for all I think we know where a safe place to pass can be if needed ( open moor or a big double track ) . I don't mind being passed so long as its safe , but like Wolfy says , sometimes the guy behind can't see what obstacle the guy in front is trying to navigate round . I'm as guilty as the next man for having a stab up the inside when the old adrenalines pumping , especially if it's Steve lol!
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:51 am

+1 cheers
Some do like a giggle & bash handle bars from time to time lol! But some don't like it...just takes a bit of common sense that's all.
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy300 Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:56 am

wolfy wrote:+1  cheers
Some do like a giggle & bash handle bars from time to time  lol! But some don't like it...just takes a bit of common sense that's all.
Yeah Joss, choose your line & stick to it lol! lol! lol! lol! sorry mate lol!
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:47 pm

Ha Ha.. joss is well known for that " coming through " move to mind lol!

Ask shocker.... Snigger
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:24 pm

When you're as slow as I am you kind of get used to being overtaken - ive developed a sixth sense - i hear an engine behind me too close for comfort and i know its going to happen - so I try and stick to a line for a bit and give them a chance to take me
Its sometimes a bit annoying when its cold and miserable and some fecker decides to take you at the biggest puddle they can find (steve) - but it's all in "the game"
At points where theres a rocky hill climb or a snotty lane and we're all gathered about to enter...i know im gonna stumble i'll let everyone get ahead of me because i dont want to ruin peoples momentum .. and i know im out with a great bunch of lads who will wait for me and some fecker will walk back down and help me out anyway...

Its all part of the fun - but its also about a bit of mutual respect
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by keith husky 450 Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:16 pm

crm250dude wrote:When you're as slow as I am you kind of get used to being overtaken - ive developed a sixth sense - i hear an engine behind me too close for comfort and i know its going to happen - so I try and stick to a line for a bit and give them a chance to take me
Its sometimes a bit annoying when its cold and miserable and some fecker decides to take you at the biggest puddle they can find (steve) - but it's all in "the game"
At points where theres a rocky hill climb or a snotty lane and we're all gathered about to enter...i know im gonna stumble i'll let everyone get ahead of me because i dont want to ruin peoples momentum .. and i know im out with a great bunch of lads who will wait for me and some fecker will walk back down and help me out anyway...

Its all part of the fun - but its also about a bit of mutual respect
hear hear dude if someone quicker is behind me I will wave them through because it puts me off and I try to go quicker snd it normally ends up with me in a hedge lol!
keith husky 450
keith husky 450

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:40 pm

This all still goes back to the two second rule smiler
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by JTM525 Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:15 pm

Funnily enough I was talking to Mel about this yesterday and i can't remember which ride it was but I remember him getting angry and saying "if that fucker keeps overtaking me I'm gonna punch his banana head in" lol! I can't remember who it was he was talking about though Laughing
I must admit I have been guilty of this a few times though Embarassed but do try and restrain myself a bit and just go into trials mode if there's a slower rider in front, it's not nice for people to be worrying about someone overtaking them after all it is trail riding and not a banana enduro lol!
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:35 pm

I remember it - it was the camping weekend last september
me and mel were the whooping boys at the back..
it was a fast ride and we always ended up at the back ... partly due to the alcohol intake the night before ...
what dont kill you makes you stronger .. and if i remember right Wolfy did pull a few over and got them to reel their necks in ...
but c'est la vie - thats trail riding
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum