South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way

+15
ogri
captain caveman
Shepy aka THE DUKE
geraint
Gareth Gates
Miller
wolfy
RichardB
karlos
lchris21
Jimmy
Alan Sugar
nate
wide
shocker
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way Empty Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way

Post by shocker Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:14 am

Met at the Honey Cafe for a 'reassuringly expensive' breakfast (cheere Steve) before setting of at exactly 10.00 - so far so good

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01876

Not sure who she is though?

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01877

Then headed off towards lanes running along the English border, and hopefully beyond
They were all a bit 'muckier' than expected, so progress was slowed a bit straight away!

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01885

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01888

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01886

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01887

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01889

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01893

Look at that determined stance - he can't fail

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01896

Then again!

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01897

Breath back, and away to try and make a decent bit of progress toward's the border when the impossible and unthinkable happened!!

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01880

Whilst the blingy red 'case saver' in obviously very attractive, it only let it's self down in one important area.
It didnt 'save the case'!!!

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01882

So the 'mechanics' took turn's in smacking it with a big rock for a bit then gave up.

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01884

Handily a bloke with a vicious terrier wandered down the road and offered to put the beast (and the WR Smile ) in his van and take them both back to the start
What a jammy git! Smile

The not very magnigicent 11 now the even less magnificent 10 continued - a man down!
L to R - Chris,Nate,Tank,Godzuki,Graham,Geraint,Shepy,Karlos and Sir Alan - apologies if any of those are wrong

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01901

Back to the lanes.
A nice mixtue of mainly muddy and ocassionly rocky one's
Somewhere around here the impossible happened and the 'unstopable Geraint' was finally stopped on a greasy rocky hill Very Happy

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01906-1

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01907-1

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01915

Kington for a 'petrol and Ginster' break
Now decided best to not go any further and to head back before Nate's pass expired, and Karlos's lack of working lights were too apparent Smile

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01916-1

I wonder how deep it is??
I just wish i had a dipstick handy

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01918

Ah, here he comes now

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01920

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01921

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01923

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way DSC01922

By now there wasn't any more time for messing about with photo's as the light was dissappearing fast, so tried to get back a quickly as possible.
This might have worked only for a catalouge of 'where is he?' moments, so now it was 'head down, arse up' the last 8 or 9 torturous miles back on the road.

Ended a cracking day back in the cafe with another expensive cuppa (cheers Tank)
Personally had a really enjoyable day, and was particularly good to meet some new faces.

You'd have liked it Steve lol!

Last edited by Shocker on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way Empty Re: Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way

Post by wide Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:52 am

Looked a sticky days entertainment............................................... oh and a blue machine breaking................. never believe it hey !!!

wide

Back to top Go down

Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way Empty Re: Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way

Post by nate Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:58 am

A superb 7 hours in the saddle, exellent navigation rich and superb company.....thanks guys!

Stevo whats the verdict clutch fooked or not?

Nate
nate
nate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Sugar Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:11 pm

Big thank you for yesterday really enjoyed riding with you all - lots of laughs and a few falls always makes it a good day - some excellent legal lanes expertly navigated by gary - definitely a route I would be up for doing again (especially with the sun out!)
Alan Sugar
Alan Sugar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Looked a good one all being it a bit wet.
Jimmy
Jimmy

Back to top Go down

Post by lchris21 Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:37 pm

Nice one shocker great report that Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way 170626

Ole Blue........................no more? Should have had an Orange case saver Stevo, they made of kryptonite lol!

lchris21

Back to top Go down

Post by karlos Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:08 pm

Big THANKS Gary. An excellent day out.
Great company, Great lanes.
Apologies for my lack of operating lights, come the summer we can stay out till10 Rolling Eyes
karlos
karlos

Back to top Go down

Post by RichardB Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:29 pm

Sorry Charlie the terrier wouldn't pose properly for the camera! Hope Steve didn't find too much more damage when he got his bike home. Enjoyed meeting you all - never know, I might get a proper bike one day and join you for a ride. Best wishes from Bloke with Vicious Dog and Van!!

RichardB

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:58 pm

RichardB wrote:Sorry Charlie the terrier wouldn't pose properly for the camera! Hope Steve didn't find too much more damage when he got his bike home. Enjoyed meeting you all - never know, I might get a proper bike one day and join you for a ride. Best wishes from Bloke with Vicious Dog and Van!!

Hi Richard aka 'bloke with vicious terrier'
I hope you didn't mind your assumed name in the report ,as i obviously didn't know your real one then
I can't believe Steve had you take him back to his van, and then recruited you on the journey!!

Gary - aka Shocker, aka 'bloke with not very vivious CRF'
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:03 pm

good pics & report, looked like a good dayout.

Got an idea that will make me rich! fullon motox roller blades ( thanks godzuki i owe you ) Top Man Richard Sun 6th - Kington and back the slippery way 170626
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next