South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XR400

2 posters

Go down

XR400 Empty XR400

Post by wide Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:20 pm

The XR400 is up for sale.

It has 14600 kms so about 9100 miles

This has been a cracker of a bike that started off life with me with a full engine rebuild due to knocking noise, but has ran superbly and on all the trail riding I have done on this it has never let me down, never failed to start and never failed to get me home. XRs really are superb and if I could afford to keep it I would... I would love to strip it down and make it new again, but I do want to move on and I want to try something else out.

It gets serviced every 1000kms/600 miles oil and filter using Guardian Rock Oil and airfilter cleaned. Valves have been checked a couple of times a year and now only see fit to do if she becomes hard to start which is , so far, never.

Swingarm bolt is removed every service and regreased as I got paraniod by all the seized stories

New front brake pads just fitted

Chain and sprockets are less than 6 months old but cant find receipt for them but they havent done much work.. running 14/43 with a 15 front also

Heavy duty ali bashplate

Frame is straight,subframe is straight

Acerbis frame guards fitted

Ego barkbusters.. less than 6 month old

Renthal 613 high bend bars with 20 mm risers

Gordons mods have been done, ie. header welds ground down, snorkle was removed by previous owner and VW Beetle tip insert in standard end can

Raptor titanium wide footpegs .. thes are £120 a set

New gear lever

I have front sprocket cover but dont use it for trail riding as all the dirt and grass builds up in it

Rear tool bag

Tax and MOT till March 11

£1395

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

wide

Back to top Go down

XR400 Empty Re: XR400

Post by wide Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:36 pm

SOLD

wide

Back to top Go down

XR400 Empty Re: XR400