South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isle of Man 2017

+7
luke b
juljam33
sparks
crm250dude
wolfy
brownie
Taffy300
11 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Isle of Man 2017 Empty Isle of Man 2017

Post by crm250dude Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:14 pm

Captain Clarky put the trip together and for half a monkey we got the nanny goat, 3 nights in the digs with a proper brekkie and a 24/7 bar ... happy dayz

Met up on the friday morning - for once it wasnt me late and hung over - Dai had been up til 4am and was as rough as a badgers arse
met the other lot on route had some lunch and i jumped in the oarty bus to stretch my legs for the last leg of the trip
then 3 hours on a rough ferry crossing and were on the island - great hotel .. dumped our stuff and hit the town
the Staropraman was flowing sweet so when everyone wanted to go home I decided to mix it up a bit with the locals and stayed for a couple more

got back to the room and Browneye was in the jacuzzi surrounded by candles and rose petals in the tub playing Barry White..I said not tonight sweetheart and hit the sack ... he got his first taste of sleeping with a warthog  Sleep

Day 1
Early start had some brekkie then off to the guides house to kick off .. as they were all starting their engines i remembered i needed to swap out my front pads ... the usual abuse entailed - 5 minutes later were on the road.
Great trails as good as some of ours, few tricky ones where "the rope" was required - Dai had a little problem and subsequently spent a lot of the day kicking his bike over  Crying or Very sad
Everyone wanted to eat when we got back - but the Staropraman was calling me so i hooked up with one of the northern lads and we hit the boozer for a game of pool - which got a bit serious later .. thankfully Browneye wiped the table with them and we got the last laugh  Razz

Day 2
Dai decided to jib as he couldnt be arsed kicking the thing all day again and probably the right move as a few of them lanes were tricky and the button came in handy, a few embarrassed faces and tantrums on a couple of bits however we managed to keep the rope in the rucksack.
had a right laugh on a stubble field where Nick showed a couple of northern monkeys how to thrash the bollox off a 250
another night of shananigans and this time the guide (Lee) joined us the beer and the banter was flowing all night.

Absolute cracker of a weekend - top bunch, the banter flowed all weekend and the trails did not disappoint
Well done Clarky for sorting it - looking forward to the next one...

Here's the vid a bit half arsed attempt as my battery ran out and a lot of the footage was either pointing at my new boots or covered in mud from the roostings i kept getting...

Some people will be happy about that though as I didnt get the tantrums and the rope useage - you know who you are  Embarassed

crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Isle of Man 2017 Empty Re: Isle of Man 2017

Post by Taffy300 Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Big thanks to Clarky for sorting it out & a big thanks to everyone for the banter & laughs, it was awesome, roll on the next trip, great report & vid Spenny.
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:36 pm

great write up and vid dude. Laughing
was a cracking weekend as you have said, prob go as far and say best weekend away on the bike, wish i had bought my camera now. smiler

thanks  clarky for sorting it,mel for the lift and everyone else that made the trip such fun, the banter was in full swing the whole weekend,
me and mel are the isle of man pool champions as well as we never lost a game all night.  Very Happy
will definately be going again thats for sure.
brownie
brownie

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:43 pm

Oh yea Taffy, Lee the guide called me looking for his rope, he said you might know where it is as it was attached to your bike most of the weekend Razz

go and look in your garage - it might still be on the bike Very Happy
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:33 pm

Cracking report & vid Dude Daffy

Looks like my boy smashed that step up to the goose neck cheers
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy300 Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:34 pm

Not me Spenny, the rope wasn't attached to my bike at all, I do have pictures of you not making the 1st rock face (that me & Mel smashed) with you all crashed up, Oh yeah.... I also have a pic of you upside down on that easy stepped rutted hill climb too, I admit the polished wet slabs were a pisser for me, but it's still 2/1 homo, fuck me.... 1 rock climb only (ever) & you suddenly become Jarvis.. but I didn't see much of you all weekend as I don't have eyes in the back of my head, & for those watching the vid..... yes that's me owning Spenny (& everyone else) in the field race cheers
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:57 pm

You didnt see much of me all weekend cos i was at the top and by the time you got there I had run out of bakky and wanted to crack on to the nearest shop...Fag

And admittedly I was behind you on the fast lanes but I was so close i could taste your Gucci anal deodorant Razz
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy300 Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:18 pm

the pics I got of you certainly doesn't show you at the top of anything but all in a crumple at the bottom

& after the fast lanes you were behind me when I'd stopped, but I'd been there ages waiting for you., Own See you Sunday lol!
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:12 pm

Think we need to see the pic's for evidence Taffy.... lol!

Was well surprised to see the Dude over take a fellow rider (with out crashing or hitting em) on the vid, maybe we have got a jarvis in the making... lol!
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:16 pm

To be honest I was surprised at myself - big thanks to my mechanic for sorting it all out before I went - GAGA was purring like a pussycat and the 2 new tyres gave me the grip and confidence to give it that extra oooomph
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next