South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANTIFREEZE

+8
steve
wolfy
marcw
mufynman
phil990
curl666
Taffy300
keith husky 450
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ANTIFREEZE - Page 2 Empty Re: ANTIFREEZE

Post by wolfy Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:31 pm

What ever comes in the standard bike, cant recall ever needing to top mine up scratch
Think i will check it now tho... lol!
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by keith husky 450 Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:41 pm

wolfy wrote:What ever comes in the standard bike, cant recall ever needing to top mine up scratch
Think i will check it now tho... lol!
it's after the rebuild
keith husky 450
keith husky 450

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:43 pm

Think ive only checked mine once, That was when your new cap bust on your new bike lol!
Saying that mind its not exactly used a lot these days lol!
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:41 am

Have always used halfords. All these fancy ones a con.
sparks
sparks

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:44 am

Plutoline in mine, works well, keeps my temps low 80 normal riding and 95 hard woods, but I'm going to change this as the boiling point is 170 degrees, its only that I have the temp sensor that I'm still using it as I can see what my temps are.

Just steer clear of Evans waterless coolant, they advertise over 195 degrees boiling point will mean your engine will cook and probably seize before it ever boils over letting you know there's a problem, such as water pump failure etc, this is the same with the plutoline I'm using just to a little lesser extent.

I'm going to go back to Halfords pink, which always worked great, and was water-based so it has boil-over to indicate when its the engine is running hotter than it should be.

Have a look a The Workshop vids on Evans Waterless, Matt gives it a right slating and backs it up, water is pretty much the best conductor of getting heat away from the engine. Plutoline and Evans doesn't make it run any cooler, its just you don't get any boil-over or high pressures due to the high boiling point. The engines are designed by the manufacturer to run on normal water-based coolant, which do boil over at about 108 degrees.
mizzed
mizzed

Back to top Go down

Post by keith husky 450 Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:14 pm

mizzed wrote:Plutoline in mine, works well, keeps my temps low 80 normal riding and 95 hard woods, but I'm going to change this as the boiling point is 170 degrees, its only that I have the temp sensor that I'm still using it as I can see what my temps are.

Just steer clear of Evans waterless coolant, they advertise over 195 degrees boiling point will mean your engine will cook and probably seize before it ever boils over letting you know there's a problem, such as water pump failure etc, this is the same with the plutoline I'm using just to a little lesser extent.

I'm going to go back to Halfords pink, which always worked great, and was water-based so it has boil-over to indicate when its the engine is running hotter than it should be.

Have a look a The Workshop vids on Evans Waterless, Matt gives it a right slating and backs it up, water is pretty much the best conductor of getting heat away from the engine. Plutoline and Evans doesn't make it run any cooler, its just you don't get any boil-over or high pressures due to the high boiling point. The engines are designed by the manufacturer to run on normal water-based coolant, which do boil over at about 108 degrees.
cheers Pete that make's sense
keith husky 450
keith husky 450

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy300 Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:50 pm

each to their own I guess, never had a problem with Evans & the 350 does run cooler as gauge has shown,
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by phil990 Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:59 pm

The only thing that will run cooler is your wallet! Very Happy
phil990
phil990

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:24 pm

keith husky 450 wrote:
mizzed wrote:Plutoline in mine, works well, keeps my temps low 80 normal riding and 95 hard woods, but I'm going to change this as the boiling point is 170 degrees, its only that I have the temp sensor that I'm still using it as I can see what my temps are.

cheers Pete that make's sense  

+1
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:48 pm

I put a egg once in the leaking rad of a montego once, only supposed to use the white but chucked the whole lot in shell as well Laughing
Quite surprised that it worked, For a couple of days anyway lol!
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next