South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Float bowl

2 posters

Go down

Float bowl  Empty Float bowl

Post by curl666 Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:00 pm

Recently picked up a ktm 125 to tidy up a trade on.
Ive pulled the carb off, stripped it and put it through the ultrasonic tank.

Inside the carb bowl there is a long needle, which I believe is connected to the drain off screw/overflow

The needle snapped during cleaning and is barely hanging on. Some of the replacement bowls I've seen do not have the needle fitted?

I think it acts as a overflow level for the bowl? Could I run it without as long as the float height/fuel tang is set correctly?
Any thoughts?

Is it needed?

curl666

Back to top Go down

Float bowl  Empty Re: Float bowl

Post by JTM525 Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:09 pm

curl666 wrote:Recently picked up a ktm 125 to tidy up a trade on.
Ive pulled the carb off, stripped it and put it through the ultrasonic tank.

Inside the carb bowl there is a long needle, which I believe is connected to the drain off screw/overflow

The needle snapped during cleaning and is barely hanging on. Some of the replacement bowls I've seen do not have the needle fitted?

I think it acts as a overflow level for the bowl? Could I run it without as long as the float height/fuel tang is set correctly?
Any thoughts?

Is it needed?
Isn't it connected to the carb overflow pipe so if it's not there won't it continually run? scratch
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by curl666 Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:13 pm

Yes it's on the overflow pipe on base of carb.

Now I've thought about it, if it's acting as a overflow fuel height then as you say it will just run out constantly.

I was thinking the overflow screw on the side of the carb would keep it close. But this can't be the case as you still get fuel leaking with this shut

curl666

Back to top Go down

Post by JTM525 Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:27 pm

curl666 wrote:Yes it's on the overflow pipe on base of carb.

Now I've thought about it, if it's acting as a overflow fuel height then as you say it will just run out constantly.

I was thinking the overflow screw on the side of the carb would keep it close. But this can't be the case as you still get fuel leaking with this shut
Sorry to have pissed on your chips lol!
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down