South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stick on goggles?

+3
mufynman
wolfy
JimboTD5
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stick on goggles?  Empty Stick on goggles?

Post by JimboTD5 Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:01 pm

Are those quick release goggles any good? The ones that Velcro to your lid and can undo one end and let them hang? Reason I ask is I hate wearing goggles can never get on with them prefer to go without then got safety glasses to wear on the road but I keep either losing the glasses or scratching fuck out of them stuffing them in my pockets, so thinking of getting a pair of those goggles, can put on on the road etc and leave them hang then on lanes? Only downside I can see is them swinging about when not in use?
JimboTD5
JimboTD5

Back to top Go down

Stick on goggles?  Empty Re: Stick on goggles?

Post by wolfy Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:23 pm

You can pull them over the top of your lid & refix em jimbo to save em swinging & getting wet/dirty on the inside.
I used to use em but kept coming of if i hit a small branch/bramble or something hence i think you should try different makes of goggle & try to get use to em.
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by JimboTD5 Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:31 pm

Ok thanks mate, can you recommend any that offer decent visibility? Every set I've tried I can't see very well out of them and end up pulling them off! Slightest bit of mud or water on them then I can't see shit lol. I was trying to hook them up on the forehead piece of the helmet just under the visor but every bump or jump they'd come down and smack me in the face lol!
JimboTD5
JimboTD5

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:54 pm

Oakley Airbrake if you can stretch to the £100 odd . biggest plus is that the lens pops out in 2 seconds so you can wipe it 100% dry , which helps . once the sponge bit gets wet your fighting a losing battle , so worth having a dry spare pair ( of cheapos ) in your bag on a real wet day .
I'll never go back to safety glasses after poking myself a goodun .
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by JimboTD5 Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:13 pm

Ouch! £100 sounds a bit steep! Does sound handy having the removable lense but don't think I can warrant spending that much especially as I've hated every pair I've owned so far so probably be thrown if I don't like them lol! thanks tho!
JimboTD5
JimboTD5

Back to top Go down

Post by juljam33 Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:13 pm

Oakley of frames are good and Oakley crowbar good too there are loads of different makes th try tho but one things for sure you will end up losing an eye if you ride the lanes with no protection at all its only a matter of time affraid
juljam33
juljam33

Back to top Go down

Post by keith husky 450 Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:23 pm

ONE PAIR OF EYES YOU GOT Evil or Very Mad No
keith husky 450
keith husky 450

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:02 pm

Air brakes are superb I wouldn't use anything else now.
mizzed
mizzed

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:59 pm

I use Oakley O frames cos they seem to fit my face & helmet the best, most use different types jimbo just ask to try others when you out.
Take your helmet with you if you go to a shop & try a few on, some are big on top & push on your nose which is no good for breathing or vision & make sure they fit your face tidy air gaps normally mean steamy goggles.
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by JimboTD5 Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:13 pm

juljam33 wrote:Oakley of frames are good and Oakley crowbar good too there are loads of different makes th try tho but one things for sure you will end up losing an eye if you ride the lanes with no protection at all its only a matter of time affraid

I have a habit of being a tree magnet too and always to the head/face I have been waiting for it! lol! I'll have to try a few pairs on and see how it goes, it's more the visibility that annoys me, find they get blurry or muddy so easily and end up pulling them off straight away, then end up with massive puffy eyes by the end of the day lol! that's why I thought of the quick release ones that I can pop on and off as and when I need!
JimboTD5
JimboTD5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next