South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Im Kris and I want to get dirty...

+4
Taffy300
keith husky 450
steve
Krisheaven
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hi Im Kris and I want to get dirty... Empty Hi Im Kris and I want to get dirty...

Post by Krisheaven Wed May 25, 2016 6:44 pm

Hi guys and girls I have just come back home to Swansea after 4 years living in Cornwall (Im ex-Navy) and am looking to get into riding dual sport. Dont know if this is the right forum for that but here goes! I used to love my mountain biking but since doing my cbt 3 years ago then passing my test last year pedaling about doesnt seem as much fun anymore.

Last month I got a 2013 R1200GS and am itching to ride it off road. I had a little go off road today but im still on road tyres. Ive had a good look on some OS maps and all ive found in the way of byways open to all traffic are the sarn helen route from Aberdulais, Margam park and Abergorlech. I was hoping when there are ride outs I can be shown others as well as advice on what kit to get as i only have road gear. Im getting a Bell MX-9 Adventure helmet this friday and in time will get the boots and jacket trousers i want.

If anyone is out there in the swansea area who can show me some places to ride it would be greatly appreciated and repaid in beer or a chosen non alcoholic beverage. I look forward to riding with you!! Ta, Kris.

Krisheaven

Back to top Go down

Hi Im Kris and I want to get dirty... Empty Re: Hi Im Kris and I want to get dirty...

Post by steve Wed May 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Hi, I think apart from Sarn Helen your going to be pushed to find anywhere were you can take a 1200 GS around South Wales.
I wouldn't want to be taking a bike of that value off road either if your new to it all, Could end up getting expensive very quickly.

There are a few more gentle lanes around mid Wales through.
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Hi Im Kris and I want to get dirty... Empty Re: Hi Im Kris and I want to get dirty...

Post by keith husky 450 Wed May 25, 2016 7:55 pm

Hi kris I think you might be on the wrong bike for this site its more enduro based and 1drz lol
keith husky 450
keith husky 450

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy300 Wed May 25, 2016 7:58 pm

Welcome matlo. lol! . Have a look on youtube at mufynman rob video's. You soon see how expensively fast you'll kill your shinny bike as Steve says.
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by ray vince Wed May 25, 2016 8:05 pm

Nothing wrong with a Drz
ray vince
ray vince

Back to top Go down

Post by keith husky 450 Wed May 25, 2016 8:07 pm

ray vince wrote:Nothing wrong with a Drz
all depends on who is riding it lol
keith husky 450
keith husky 450

Back to top Go down

Post by SUDDS Wed May 25, 2016 8:11 pm

Hi kris please check out wrta website and beacons rally 20,21 August it 4 u bike lose time card event think u like it
SUDDS
SUDDS

Back to top Go down

Post by Krisheaven Wed May 25, 2016 8:27 pm

Thanks for the honesty and advice guys. When i have some knobblies fitted i will check out sarn helen after may 31st and take it easy. Will also look at wrta regarding beacons rally. Next step is to buy a trail bike then! Better warn the wife now...

Krisheaven

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Wed May 25, 2016 8:35 pm

I wouldn't to the first section from Aberdulise as your first trail.
It can be deep in places and rutty.
You,d be better off starting from Banwen end its mostly all rock from there up and easier to ride.
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Krisheaven Wed May 25, 2016 8:38 pm

Thanks Steve. Do you know if the walters arena bit is only rideable by the bmw off road school? I.e. Is it private land?

Krisheaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next