South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merthyr Massive Mid Morning Meet up

+2
mufynman
crm250dude
6 posters

Go down

Merthyr Massive Mid Morning Meet up Empty Merthyr Massive Mid Morning Meet up

Post by crm250dude Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:04 pm

Not much of a report really - but a bit of a moan...

No pics, cos i still have not got my chinese Gro Plo back from the mountain where i left it last...

Met up done the usual few lanes in our neck of the woods up to Talybont - then on to Brecon for Sarn Helen.... at the moment it is open legally

as we were coming up to the famous river crossing 3 landys past us - had we been 5 minutes earlier we would have seen them doing the descent and crossing.

We got to the weir - and 2 bobble hats are sitting on the big step brewing up ...

As im a sociable guy (and a bit of a piss taker) I said hello... you could tell they were pissed off

I asked if they had seen the Landys pass here ?

Yes the man replied - and they have ruined the path here

I walked over and said "nah mate - this is a Roman road - built to last ...you cant ruin this.... all they have done is make it easier for us to get up"

I mean really - they had just dislodged a few of the big boulders ....

I asked where they were from - Devon they said... I said you know this is Sarn Helen a roman road ?
they really did not want to engage in conversation....

I mean come on - if you want a picnic - you dont go to the most famous "off road" road in Brecon

Thats like going to Trafalgar square for a picnic and moaning about the pigeons and tourists

fuck off with your bobble hats !!!!

crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Merthyr Massive Mid Morning Meet up Empty Re: Merthyr Massive Mid Morning Meet up

Post by mufynman Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:19 pm

Probably felt a bit like Trafalgar Square to them , surrounded by plumes of (your) smoke , and being harassed by a cockney yobbo ! That Sarns a great lane , what did the Romans ever do for us ?cheers
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Merthyr Massive Mid Morning Meet up Empty Re: Merthyr Massive Mid Morning Meet up

Post by chamber66 Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:20 am

Ummm
All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?

Rambleres lol

chamber66
chamber66

Back to top Go down

Post by x.b.b. Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:26 am

Well done Dude for engaging with the bobble's, and more so for taking the piss.
Thousands of miles of foot paths and they still want more, twats.

x.b.b.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarky_two Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:17 am

It amazes me why people choose to have picnics etc in such weird places, I mean there are thousands of other places to go and not be in sight of another person let alone 4x4 and some "Dudes" on bikes. I bet they are part of the "lets sit in a layby and get the thermos flask out for the afternoon" on the A470 two feet from the lorries and buses....

What is wrong with people mun....?
Clarky_two
Clarky_two

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:10 pm

clarky_two wrote:It amazes me why people choose to have picnics etc in such weird places, I mean there are thousands of other places to go and not be in sight of another person let alone 4x4 and some "Dudes" on bikes.  I bet they are part of the "lets sit in a layby and get the thermos flask out for the afternoon" on the A470 two feet from the lorries and buses....

What is wrong with people mun....?

That is exactly what i was thinking as we were riding off - and it was really winding me up...
and they were from Devon - so they drove 200 miles to go and sit by Brecons off road hot spot in the middle of off road season - TWATS!!!

100 meters down stream there's a spot where you could sit naked and have a cup of tea and only the sheep would see you
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by x.b.b. Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:22 pm

How the feck do you know thar Dude affraid

x.b.b.

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:49 pm

x.b.b. wrote:How the feck do you know thar Dude affraid

You'll have to ask the Sheep - When in Rome....
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Steptoe (Jetset) Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:25 pm

You forgot to mention that you didn't need Jason to ride your bike up the rocky river road Vin.You are becoming a proper enduro rider on the automatic KTM.
Steptoe (Jetset)
Steptoe (Jetset)

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:46 pm

Ha - maybe time to take my stabilisers off
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down