South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brake disc bolts rubbing on front caliper

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brake disc bolts rubbing on front caliper Empty Brake disc bolts rubbing on front caliper

Post by Clarky_two Mon May 04, 2015 9:15 pm

Did my front bearings today and replaced all the spacers and seals. Since putting it back together the disc bolts are now rubbing the caliper. I have looked at the spacers which are not as long as the ones that came off, so changed them over to the old ones and she is still rubbing.

It is possible that they sent me the wrong size bearing? I didnt measure the old bearing with the new.

Is there just one size bearing?

They are Hollis wheels, so I will be on the phone to them in the morning. Just wondered if it is possible to have the wrong size bearing?
Clarky_two
Clarky_two

Back to top Go down

Brake disc bolts rubbing on front caliper Empty Re: Brake disc bolts rubbing on front caliper

Post by wolfy Mon May 04, 2015 9:43 pm

I take it the bearing numbers are the same clarky ?

Know it sounds silly but your pads are in right, disc in the middle like.
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Brake disc bolts rubbing on front caliper Empty Re: Brake disc bolts rubbing on front caliper

Post by Clarky_two Mon May 04, 2015 9:52 pm

To be honest Wolfy I didnt even read the bearing numbers as I spoke to the guy at Hollis and he knew exactly what I was on about. I didnt want to get the seals out now I put them in.

Yeah the pads are in right lol.

The wheel spins lovely and smooth when its not tightened up, but when its all done up, the disc bolts are touching the calliper. Its like the bearings are not deep enough or the spacers are the wrong lenght
Clarky_two
Clarky_two

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Mon May 04, 2015 10:00 pm

Just pull out the dust seals, you will then see the number.
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarky_two Mon May 04, 2015 10:13 pm

numbers are slightly different-

609ERS OLD ONES

609 - 2ERS
Clarky_two
Clarky_two

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Mon May 04, 2015 10:17 pm

Don't know about Hollis wheels but talon & ktm been using 61906-2RS or 6906-2RS which are the same size in the front since 04 at the least.
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarky_two Mon May 04, 2015 10:43 pm

Cheers mate. I will give em a ring tomorrow
Clarky_two
Clarky_two

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarky_two Tue May 05, 2015 10:04 pm

After looking in the light the bearing numbers are the same old and new apart from the 2 - which doesnt mean they are different sizes.

I spoke to Hollis, he say he only have one type of spacer and thats the one I got, even suggested that they werent Hollis wheels. Or could I send the wheel in for them to look at. Hollis say that the OE parts can be used on their wheels also

The problem seems to be that the bearings are in too deep or the spacers arent long enough to give the clearance to stop the disc bolts rubbing. I know that they arent in too deep as thats impossible.

Will strip it all down again on friday when I get home FFS
Clarky_two
Clarky_two

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Wed May 06, 2015 7:27 am

Did a quick search, hollis use standard size bearings & seals...you didn't forget to put the center tube back in ?
Are the two spacers the same size on Hollis hubs ?
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Wed May 06, 2015 8:02 am

reminds me of when i went to change my oil filter , only to realise i hadn't put one in there last time !
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next