South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Southeast Hants Christmas rideout vid

3 posters

Go down

Southeast Hants Christmas rideout vid Empty Southeast Hants Christmas rideout vid

Post by gregorious77 Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:38 pm

The story behind this is that one of our friends was killed on his road bike on the 22nd Dec and we decided to have a farewell rideout in his honour including a minute of noise at a spot we named after him (banter) when he broke a rib or two there earlier in the year.
Total ride was around 100 miles and was unfortunately cut short due to a silly drop ending in a broken ankle. We were quickly running out of light anyway so only had a few lanes left to do when this happened.
Enjoy.

gregorious77
gregorious77

Back to top Go down

Southeast Hants Christmas rideout vid Empty Re: Southeast Hants Christmas rideout vid

Post by wolfy Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:22 pm

Cracking Vids greg Very Happy
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Southeast Hants Christmas rideout vid Empty Re: Southeast Hants Christmas rideout vid

Post by shocker Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:43 pm

'Cracking' vid lol!
Having lived down that way for quite a few years, and ridden in the area with the local TRF (yes I know, but they were a bunch of good old boys at that time) quite a bit a few of those lanes were sort of familiar scratch
What I definetly remember is the slimey while stuff lurking just below the surface that we don't have in Wales - thankfully - CHALK affraid
The most slippey sneaky substance known to man!
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by gregorious77 Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Yes the chalk will catch you out every time if its damp! horrible stuff with zero grip. when its got damp leaves on top its fookin nasty.
Mate of mine broke 3 ribs and his mate nearly snapped his foot off on a steep chalk decent when they went in too quick and could not stop for some nasty rutted steps. They had to climb out and cross fields to a farm house for help. Air ambulance jobby and he still hates that lane. Skipped it on this occasion.
gregorious77
gregorious77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down