South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waterproof cameras

4 posters

Go down

Waterproof cameras Empty Waterproof cameras

Post by JTM525 Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:49 pm

What camera's are you guy's using? I went camera shopping today intent of buying the one i seen on t'internet but when i got there it seemed a bit flimsy! I don't know whether to spend a bit on one that's waterproof, dustproof, shockproof, crushproof and twatproof or buy a cheapy that may end up full of water and dirt the first time i use it scratch
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Waterproof cameras Empty Re: Waterproof cameras

Post by steve Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:13 pm

I usually by something cheap and nasty off the ebay for a tena not so bad if you lose or bust it then.
How long they last depends on how how wet it is when im ridding.
bit of a false economy but to tight to fork out £150 in one go lol!  

Ive bought quite few of these over the years and give good photos to

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by JTM525 Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:33 pm

steve wrote:I usually by something cheap and nasty off the ebay for a tena not so bad if you lose or bust it then.
How long they last depends on how how wet it is when im ridding.
bit of a false economy but to tight to fork out £150 in one go lol!  

Ive bought quite few of these over the years and give good photos to

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I originally started looking at one for £25 but the reviews were pants so gave it a miss, then i seen a nikon one for £80 but seemed a bit bulky so today the one i looked at was £150 but felt plasticy so i didn't buy it, if i keep going up like this i'll be picking holes in camera's of £1000 lol! might be better off buying cheapies off ebay!
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy300 Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:00 pm

After seeing the top quality of some of the guys vids I went with a recommendation and bought the drift ghost S. Waterproof. Dust. Shock. Etc..etc. had it off ebay with all the extras £250. Bit pricey but good quality. Buy cheap buy twice.
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by JTM525 Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:46 am

Yeah it was just a photo camera i want, i'd love to have a ghost but i'd pull my hair out sitting down editing all the footage, fair play to muffy he does a really good job cheers
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:32 am

Started with Fuji thing from Argos , and that was Ok but my PC software couldnt work with the video , so ended up with this Olympus TG 850 - cost me about £189 I think . Well happy , but still haven't read instructions yet so not clued up on all the things it can do . But it turns on fast , feels tough , zooms quickly , and has easy buttons . Feels like a real camera , not a toy . back screen also flips out , ideal for selfies on the trail , or for checking view if you say put it on a rock for a set up shot . Got the Kriega Kube pouch bag too , about £20 that is a real good tough thing , big enough for camera and easy open , velcros and fixes to your rucksack strap . Lot of dosh i suppose , but what price can you put on capturing peoples misery for others to laugh at ? cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by JTM525 Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:29 am

That looks a great camera Rob! Where did you find it for £189, it was in currys yesterday for about £240 i think affraid but like you say can you really put a price on capturing the misery and upset of someone upside down in a bog or Mel in a river when his bike disappears under the water for the second time that day lol!
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down