South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evening Ride

3 posters

Go down

Evening Ride Empty Evening Ride

Post by mufynman Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:36 am

Just 2 of us out on Weds evening , making the most of the light nights !

mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Evening Ride Empty Re: Evening Ride

Post by Exclee Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:27 am

Looked like a great evening, good to see these pixs and video's, haven't ridden since breaking my arm in September, can't wait to get back at it! I think these keep me going!
Exclee
Exclee

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:31 am

Nice to have the weather on side to.
What you done to your arm then Lee?
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Exclee Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:50 am

steve wrote:Nice to have the weather on side to.
What you done to your arm then Lee?

I was out in Devon in September with Whyzedd and the Dorset Green laning guys when I hit a boulder which fired me up a bank into a tree, I thought that hurt a lot, carried on riding as we only had about 30 mins to go, couldn't push my bike in the van at then, Steve said I looked like a extra on a Zombie film, we drove home to Bedfordshire in a lot of pain thinking I had just pulled something, woke up went to pick up a new car and then thought best get it checked out, had broken the radial head on my right elbow, so had it cast.

My arm never went straight since I was a kid as I had a bone infection at a year old and the joint had become more restricted as I got older, ended up only having 50 degrees movment, so luckly I had private medical, went to see a surgeon who said he could rectifiy it, so in January they opened up the elbow and ground all the bone out both sides so it can move, I have had a brace on it since trying to streach the joint as the muscles haven't moved that far for 40 years.

Then another kick in the spuds I got a caterac in my left eye so I had that operated on couple of weeks ago, hopefully I'll get out soon probably only locally on that crap flat trails of Bedfordshire to start but then I'll have to see.

I'm gutted, I know this thing we do isn't an old mans pass time and Ive lost a year! I wonder if it was worth having done in the end has I have a bit more movment but not huge, problem is when you have basicly one arm shorter than the other on the bike you always turn the bars on trying to say get over a boulder or log and land on your arse.
Exclee
Exclee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down