South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sat afternoon trials ride

3 posters

Go down

Sat afternoon trials ride Empty Sat afternoon trials ride

Post by jams Sat May 31, 2014 9:14 pm

Met up with Wolfy this afternoon to try out his trials bike. Had a cracking, if not unfortunately short, ride. Trials are defo for me, loved the way the bike felt and rode. Fu**ing knackering though! Flipped it once going up a climb I would normally just have laughed at on the 300 and ridden round! Was enjoying myself so much I forgot to turn the camera on!

Ride was cut short as my 300's piston seized! Throttle cable jammed open and the bloody kill switch stopped working at the same time. By the time we got it killed the damage was done. Speculation on the long push back (which nearly killed me) ranged from a hole in the piston to warped or broken rings, which then led to the scary thought of debris in the bottom end!

Got back stripped it down and found this:

Thankfully no evidence of anything broken, so not got the strip the whole engine. You gotta love 2 bangers for the fact that it only took me and Wolfy about 40 mins to strip it.

Cheers for letting me ride the Sherco Wolfy, I'm defo hooked.....Now to shift the TM and get one!
jams
jams

Back to top Go down

Sat afternoon trials ride Empty Re: Sat afternoon trials ride

Post by wolfy Sat May 31, 2014 10:24 pm

Glad you enjoyed the trials bike, was a giggle till the 300 got a mind of its own  affraid bit gutted I was sat on it at the time too  Embarassed 
Brought back memory's of the last 300 I sat on, that time it Did end in tear's  affraid
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:10 am

Oops . Did you find out why the throttle cable jammed open ? I had that once on a KE100 on the road coming towards a corner . Luckily it was so low powered it didn't really make any difference  lol! 
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:11 am

No got straight in there to see why it had lost compression.

The last time I had a 300 the throttle stuck coming out of a berm in 3rd with the thing screaming its nuts off, four back flips later everything including the air box back was destroyed  affraid is it common for em to stick?
That time I only lost a few toe nails, riding gear & was aching all over for a month guess it could have been worse  lol!
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down