South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommended road bike shops?

+2
JTM525
shocker
6 posters

Go down

Recommended road bike shops? Empty Recommended road bike shops?

Post by shocker Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:37 pm

Which road bike dealers are considered any good in South Wales, but more importantly where should I avoid like the plague??
Went to Thunder Road Cwmbran today and wasted my time - or did I just catch 'em at a bad time??
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Recommended road bike shops? Empty Re: Recommended road bike shops?

Post by JTM525 Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:09 pm

South wales superbikes in newport or fowlers in bristol, what are you after?
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:34 pm

Thunder road in Cwmbran put it this way, Dropped my Rd wheels off there for some new tyres.
Went to pick them up and the muppets had put the front tyre on the rear wheel and vice versa.

Superbikes are supposed to have good customer service.
JT,s in bridgend offered me a good part ex deal and there's a Thunder Road in the area to but never bought or tried to buy from there.

Dont fancy fowlers again then?
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Gates Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:46 pm

UNCLE BUNTS CHOP SHOP ! U LOOK GOOD WITH THE AVIATOR GLASSES GAR !
Gareth Gates
Gareth Gates

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:08 pm

JTM525 wrote:South wales superbikes in newport or fowlers in bristol, what are you after?

Not 100% sure to be honest until I've tried a few options (possible an XT660 if my feet would touch the ground, but sort of fancy a proper old farts bike like a Bonneville??) but do know I don't want to ride my SV1000 anymore - think it's an 'age thing'!!

But also don't want to give it away for the money they offered me, nor be followed around by someone with a clip board so desperate for a sale they try to flog you anything weather you want it or not!
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by kirky Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:34 pm

I got a 1978 xs650 twin with Ducati brembo front end , very retro and a pretty bike , modern stuff is so sterile and boring. , sell private and buy private you will be better off ,
kirky
kirky

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:45 pm

I seems that to sell private you have to use eBay, and if the twats I had to deal with when I sold my trials bike are anything to go by NEVER again affraid
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by geraint Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:45 pm

yep got to agree with steve on thunder road being a bunch of knobbers put my bike in their for "just an mot" and they did alot of work to get it through the mot without a single phone call to ask, just handed me the bill as if it was the natural thing to do affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
and phil at south wales superbikes is a good bloke helped me out alot with my brothers dt
although don't go their in the works van(tracker fitted which i forgot all about)
6 months written warning and docked 2 hours pay:( Sad Sad 

geraint
geraint

Back to top Go down

Post by JTM525 Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:45 pm

shocker wrote:
JTM525 wrote:South wales superbikes in newport or fowlers in bristol, what are you after?

Not 100% sure to be honest until I've tried a few options (possible an XT660 if my feet would touch the ground, but sort of fancy a proper old farts bike like a Bonneville??) but do know I don't want to ride my SV1000 anymore - think it's an 'age thing'!!

But also don't want to give it away for the money they offered me, nor be followed around by someone with a clip board so desperate for a sale they try to flog you anything weather you want it or not!
I hate when salesmen do that! I just walk out when its happened to me! Have a look at superbikes and fowlers they got plenty of different bikes to look at but as Kirky has said i would go private both for selling and buying. I bought my ktm from Meredith motorcycles in bristol and Nigel who works there is a right fucking arsewipe so thats another place to avoid!
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by geraint Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:46 pm

yep got to agree with steve on  thunder road being a bunch of knobbers put my bike in their for "just an mot" and they did alot of work to get it through the mot without a single phone call to ask, just handed me the bill as if it was the natural thing to do affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
and phil at south wales superbikes is a good bloke helped me out alot with my brothers dt
although don't go their in the works van(tracker fitted which i forgot all about)
6 months written warning and docked 2 hours pay:( Sad Sad
geraint
geraint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down