South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snowrun

+19
Allmost50
Gareth Gates
dai 530
steve
grogan
juljam33
doug
mufynman
tay46
x.b.b.
Mogs
nate
trex
cricket2009
shocker
Taffymoto22
Denzil
hypnoelvis
wolfy
23 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Snowrun - Page 2 Empty Re: Snowrun

Post by Mogs Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:14 pm

I'll do it yes Nate , fancy it?
Mogs
Mogs

Back to top Go down

Post by x.b.b. Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:05 pm

toploader wrote:Ive been wanting to do my first enduro comp. Never ever done 1 before. Ive read on ktm forum that its good one to start off with. Im trying to get my other 2 mates to enter but looks like it will be just me. Has any 1 done it before and how difficult is it?
It ain't an easy one Toploader, mind you no enduro is easy, this one can be a hard one especially when it's frozen. But if you fancy it go for it, I think you get a better buzz from finishing a tough enduro rather than an (easier one). Swindon club do a good one early in the year at Cirencester park, there's no stoppers at that venue it's all in the woods but you still have to go some. But they do specify a trials tyre on the back.

x.b.b.

Back to top Go down

Post by trex Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:28 pm

What type of technical riding is it. Or is just a fast course with steep climbs and through trees. Or is there allot of obstacles such as bolders, logs and jumps.
trex
trex

Back to top Go down

Post by nate Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:18 pm

yeah I do actually bro.......I will take a look at their website tonight and pm you mogs!
nate
nate

Back to top Go down

Post by hypnoelvis Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:20 pm

toploader wrote:Ive been wanting to do my first enduro comp. Never ever done 1 before. Ive read on ktm forum that its good one to start off with. Im trying to get my other 2 mates to enter but looks like it will be just me. Has any 1 done it before and how difficult is it?
I done my 1st Snowrun in 1991, ive still got it on vhs, the special test that year was the most evil 16 minutes of my life,, thank the lord they don't make them like that anymore. Nowadays it is a nice relaxed day out,, keep smiling and enjoy..

hypnoelvis

Back to top Go down

Post by tay46 Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:47 pm

Real good event. Enjoyed it last year. Was gonna enter but just seen it's the day after Ireland play wales in the six nations. Tough decisions as last time I raced after Ireland v wales and saying I won't have too many beers I turned up late to signing on with a stinking hangover and forgot my gloves and goggles for the race.
tay46
tay46

Back to top Go down

Post by x.b.b. Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:57 pm

[/quote]I done my 1st Snowrun in 1991, ive still got it on vhs, the special test that year was the most evil 16 minutes of my life,, thank the lord they don't make them like that anymore. Nowadays it is a nice relaxed day out,, keep smiling and enjoy..[/quote]
Toploader, be careful, Hypno's easy ain't normal peoples easy Twisted Evil  Honest opinion Elv which do you think is an easier enduro to start with, Swindon or Snowrun ?

x.b.b.

Back to top Go down

Post by hypnoelvis Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:10 pm

That's a difficult one to answer,, I have ridden in Swindon which as you know is like a country park, but due to very tight check times it can be very hard, especially on your mind(I tend to beat myself up a bit)
The Snowrun of recent years has run quiet easy as there are always lots of marshals, who tend to cut out any hard shite. That said, its in Feb which will always make it harder.
To sum up, a welsh forest event can be very hard but when you have forestry roads you are having a rest and the check times are rarely tight.
Swindon, although a country park contains bends and bumps everywhere with very little rest.

If in doubt do them both..

hypnoelvis

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:13 am

I think I'll give this a bash . Having never done one of these, is the time card business complicated ? I've only done a hare and hounds before . Seen a couple of vids on YouTube , looks like fun/pain ! Rolling Eyes 
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Have a look here mufy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content