South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new member from neath, where do you guys ride these day??

3 posters

Go down

new member from neath, where do you guys ride these day?? Empty new member from neath, where do you guys ride these day??

Post by simon Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:49 pm

Hi everyone...returning to hobby after 18 year lay off....like others it may be a mid life crisis(so the mrs' says!!) but noticed that can't seem to ride anywhere other than private land and green lanes. To this end I am thinking of converting a 250 2 stroke to enduro spec. I'm looking to get in touch with any groups for rides.

simon

Back to top Go down

new member from neath, where do you guys ride these day?? Empty Re: new member from neath, where do you guys ride these day??

Post by steve Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:00 pm

Hi its a lot different now to how it was 20 years ago when you could just ride where and when you wanted to.
Just have to use your head more now as to where you ride.
wouldn't you be better off buying a enduro rather than converting motocross bike if thats what you mean.
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

new member from neath, where do you guys ride these day?? Empty Re: new member from neath, where do you guys ride these day??

Post by simon Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:33 pm

Hi Steve ,thanks for the reply i have had many a flirt with enduro bikes IT465,490 kdx200.250 whilst there was nothing wrong with these, none of them even came close to my road legal kx250 in my opinion. i have been looking at the 2 stroke KTMs but they seem so expensive to maintain compared to the japs. Simon

simon

Back to top Go down

Post by paul crf Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:56 pm

HI simon/steve im new to this forum, i recently purchased a crf 250 on the road and struggling where to find places i went up tonmawr last week and heard you got be careful up there,are you aloud up walters arena these days cheers paul from baglan

paul crf

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:01 pm

What sort of riding are you looking to do? Green laning or tracks.
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by paul crf Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:17 pm

I went up sarn helen few weeks ago and I loved it more green laning do u go out much, with my mate working shifts in the metal box its a struggle to get out and where to go on my own

paul crf

Back to top Go down

Post by simon Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi Paul, theres a byway in tonmawr that takes you over to tonna i least i think its a byway. i used to go over there in my 4x4 but its a short run. You have got to be so careful goin out on your own ,i have experience of a 2 hour push, and a messed up knee that changed my thoughts on solo riding.

simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down