South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brake Pads - Good Value or False economy

+3
Skippy
captain caveman
Gadget
7 posters

Go down

Brake Pads - Good Value or False economy Empty Brake Pads - Good Value or False economy

Post by Gadget Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:03 pm

I replaced my worn out original equipment Nissin brake pads with some new cheapy 'Kyoto' brake pads off ebay. I didn't record the mileage but I reckon the Kyoto pads didn't last a quarter of the distance the Nissin ones did No

I won't be buying Kyoto again ... anyone else got any similar or better stories??
Gadget
Gadget

Back to top Go down

Brake Pads - Good Value or False economy Empty Re: Brake Pads - Good Value or False economy

Post by captain caveman Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Ive always bought genuine pads the last couple of years, They do come up on ebay now and again.
They do seem to last a lot longer than cheaper pads.
captain caveman
captain caveman

Back to top Go down

Brake Pads - Good Value or False economy Empty Re: Brake Pads - Good Value or False economy

Post by Gadget Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:49 am

Yes I think geniune pads or at least a well known brand is the way forward ... once I've used up my spare 'cheese' brake pads (that I've just fitted).
Gadget
Gadget

Back to top Go down

Post by Skippy Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:11 pm

I paid about £17 for the last set of Renthal pads i got from Mrm..thought it was expensive when i got them but they did last really well, someone else is using them now Brake Pads - Good Value or False economy 276680 my old bike !!! Brake Pads - Good Value or False economy 276680
Skippy
Skippy

Back to top Go down

Post by juljam33 Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:30 pm

You dont want em too good or they wear your disc away...... EBC HH for example.......cheap apico pads I use and sometimes they last and sometimes they wear out fast depending on riding conditions
juljam33
juljam33

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadget Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:05 pm

For the record chaps: Yestrday I changed the original equipment front brake pads on my aprilia and they had done approx 2500 miles/4 years (first 900 miles road use only) . The were the original Nissin Pads - that's good going!
Gadget
Gadget

Back to top Go down

Post by wincer Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:47 pm

i realised my rears were on their way out (probably done about 10hrs - Rolling Eyes ) and decided to go for renthals. Looks like i may have made the right decision!!

wincer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Gates Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:32 pm

juljam33 wrote:You dont want em too good or they wear your disc away...... EBC HH for example.......cheap a pico pads I use and sometimes they last and sometimes they wear out fast depending on riding conditions
an depends on the rider too ! i ride so slow i never change em at all ! lol! lol!
Gareth Gates
Gareth Gates

Back to top Go down

Post by Dicky Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:11 am

Brakes are for pussies :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Razz
Dicky
Dicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down