South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mercian rd 4

+5
wolfy
hypnoelvis
booster24
nate
noddy
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

mercian rd 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: mercian rd 4

Post by booster24 Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi all, well what a day all I can say is it was awsome!!!! Nate was putting in some fantastic times and was ripping, well done mate! My confidence got better every lap and my times got better and better (at the end of the day I knocked 100 secound of my first lap and stayed within 1 secound of the last 3 lap times, weird), not near the good guys like nate etc but I was really happy but the most important thing is I enjoyed it. Everyone I met competing was really helpful and friendly. This guy called Dave was the rider after me and yes he would overtake me but each time ( he was riding a 125 exc and was bloody fast) it was later and later and I would give him space to get by without slowing down but the mutual respect was amazing. I can say hand on hart if you want to start racing then I would 110% recomend the mercian dirt riders series, well organised and friendly Gail makes you feel part of a family, I even got on the mic on the p.a system. Great day and thanks to them all and cheers to Nate for the support, wont be giving this up and wont be doing the D2D but the next Mercia event. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
booster24
booster24

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:37 pm

Well done booster, good to see you had a good one Very Happy .
Thats the spirit!..... fun & enjoyment cheers
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by captain caveman Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:49 pm

Wont be going back to the road racing then?
captain caveman
captain caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shepy aka THE DUKE Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:21 am

nice one boost old buddy...... Very Happy
Shepy aka THE DUKE
Shepy aka THE DUKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mogs Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:50 am

mercian are one of the best event organisers by far, well done to the both of you! cheers
Mogs
Mogs

Back to top Go down

Post by booster24 Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:28 pm

Cheers guys, no I wont be going back to road racing, that would be to easy to do. I can't wait for the next event. The bikes clean as a whistle now with a nice coat of silicone all lubed up looking like new again, just need to get some practise in for the next event. Going to get an FMF Gnarly front pipe to match the FMF power core tail pipe, should get more mid range. Anyone got one lying around they want to sell Smile
booster24
booster24

Back to top Go down

Post by whyzedd Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:48 pm

I have a Q pipe you can buy . It`s a bit dented though so I replaced it with a new one @ £90 . Cheers Booster .
whyzedd
whyzedd

Back to top Go down

Post by nate Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:42 pm

WELL DONE BOOSTER So glad u enjoyed it pete it was really nice to see you smiling and enjoying yourself again buddy.....lets hope that foot starts healing quicker!

Judging by my results not so fast as u think booster....the clubman class is highly contested this year with some very quick young boys and girls might i add coming through and some rookies who should now be in the experts. lol

And me well im ready well over ready really for VETS next year IM well and truely FOOOKED. Had a really poor 2nd lap came off 3 times (twice within 5 meters of one another, in the BARN PETE!)

This new event where you literally go as fast as you can around a 5 mile loop with 20 minute intervals in between means you take risks every lap, (we done 4 in the mroning and 3 in the afternoon) as you can imagine the track changes every lap in that new lines appear besides new roots and new rocks (size of footballs in places on this track) and when you are riding as fast as you can its on the limit stuff.
I was pusing my little husky as fast as it could go though still not forgetting i had work on monday morning. lol

following my bad second lap (lost 50 seconds) my times gradually improved throughout the day, so cant complain i suppose.

My mate Turkey had a storming ride with a 2nd in clubman. the young rookie should be in expert anyway..... Very Happy turkey you owe me one! lol
nate
nate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2