South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trials tyre tube size

3 posters

Go down

trials tyre tube size Empty trials tyre tube size

Post by Mogs Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:12 pm

put a part worn michelin trials bike tyre on a old set of rims i use when doing alot of road work, pumped it up.. had to take it to about 40psi before it was anywer near hard enough to ride with... high i know...rode with it.. all good.. then went flat a little later Sad

i used a heavy duty michelin tube... the same as i would put in my s12?

am i missing the point.. do i need to put some bigger type trials tube in or anything? or is this normal tube okay? no idea what trials bikes use.
Mogs
Mogs

Back to top Go down

trials tyre tube size Empty Re: trials tyre tube size

Post by captain caveman Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:38 pm

Would think your going to need to put a lot of air into it to get it up/hard
(that sounds all wrong Shocked )
If you look at a trials bike they run very low tyre pressures they don't travel at speed and weigh a lot less than an enduro bike..... Im not making much sense here am i scratch
Its a bigger tyre so needs more air Laughing
captain caveman
captain caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mogs Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:10 am

ye, i guessed that..had to put loads of pumping in to get any sort of hardness, Twisted Evil

but before i fix the tube.. i wanted to check i wasnt doing something wrong.. like putting in some sort of trials tyre tube rather than standard, and having the same problem again.

may just shuv a normal tyre on rather than this, it seems to much hassle trying to maintain a hard one all the time, bloody rubbers :bounce:
Mogs
Mogs

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:48 pm

No expert on trials tyres, but i do know of a bloke who wanted to use a tubless trials tyre on a conventionl rim, and then having to convert it to a tubless rim before it worked.
The one on my trials bike is tubeless and uses a rubber band thing with a valve bonded into it to seal the spoke holes. It also runs at only 4 to 6 psi on a bike weighing less than 70 kg.

I've used Pirelli MT 43's on a trail bike with normal tubes at 10 to 15 psi with no problem's but i think the sticky tubeless one's (Michelin x11 etc) are more tricky.
If it is a sticky one it won't last long either (seen one knackered in a day on a 400 endruo bike!) and it'll squirm around like buggery on the road too.
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down