South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUSKY WR 150

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

HUSKY WR 150 - Page 2 Empty Re: HUSKY WR 150

Post by booster24 Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:25 am

Abit late I know. I rode the 310, the first thing that struck me was how small and compact it looked. It looked like a 125. Slung aleg over and found it fitted me nicley (5"8' 12 stone) and all the controls were in easy reach, even had a key which I recon could be a bad thing if your out and you loose the darn thing. Pulled away for my first lap and went as fast as I could straight away. The power was smooth with a little peak in power further up the range but no point in reving the nuts of it as power would tail off. You could use the midrange which it plenty of and a good top end no fire works though. There were some steep climbs which it pulled up with no wheel spin, these were hills were attacked rather then riden. It did how ever stall going down hill which I hated, which is strange as its EFI so that should have been sorted. The brakes were strong and predictable with a good amount of fell and feed back. The handling was good but abit soft, but what was great was the weight, you could realy lay it on its side and flick it about with ease, a good woods weapon I think. I did get it flat out in top at one point and it snicked through the gear box very quickly so its a quick rever and the gear change was smooth and presice.
The secound lap was the same, fast as I could go and yes I crashed out but the bike started easy enough and nothing was damaged. I did find however on the secound lap that the bike was so slim that I could'nt realy grip with my legs like on KTM, so produced enough arm pump to finish me off, I never realy get arm pump even when I was on my MX bike but this puppy did, I think it would require a different technique to stop this. So I got off the bike. I think it would make a great entry to mid level trail bike or even your first enduro race bike (with the suspension sorted ) as it was very forgiving and would let you use all the power with out scaring, predictable power. I would recomend this bike and give it a 7/10. It will do excactly what you want, go were you want to go etc but lacked character, some may say even bland, definetly faster than a 250 f and seemed to handle like a 250f and is probably the same weight, probably the same engine/bike but with a big bore. So there you have it dont want a 250f and want more power and dont want a full on race 449 then this is the puppy, husxy version of the KTM 400 but sadly its not orange. Smile

A big thank you to Husqy and Craig for letting us rag the crap out of their bikes for free.
booster24
booster24

Back to top Go down

HUSKY WR 150 - Page 2 Empty Re: HUSKY WR 150

Post by Tilts Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:47 am

Excellent write up Pete..thanks.
Tilts
Tilts

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2