South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trials tyre

+4
mizzed
shocker
steve
JTM525
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Trials tyre - Page 3 Empty Re: Trials tyre

Post by JTM525 Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:38 pm

mufynman wrote:Im going with the melted cheese spec X11 Light  - you'll know where ive been , cos there'll be a smoking line of liquorice down the road Rolling Eyes
lol!
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by JTM525 Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:41 pm

wolfy wrote:I am going with the MT43, I know its a different thing but the MT43 seemed ok at the Corrinium Very Happy
Well what's the worst that can happen, it'll be handy anyway for when all the tracks turn dry and dusty in the scorching summer we must be due cheers
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:43 pm

When I fit my cheese light , I'm gonna look at putting the mousse in it , if it's a bit small , what would anyone recommend wrapping the mousse in to bulk her up a bit ? bacon maybe ? What about lining the mousse with some fabric and gaffa taping it up , I just want to avoid a puncture feck about .
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:48 pm

I'm obviously banging my head on a bit of wall here, but one last time....

So why does every trials bike manufacturer keep on making and fitting tubless rim's to trials bikes when such an infinitely better system has now been developed?
Any more than why do the vast majority of trail and enduro riders use either tubes or mosses - or are they also all to thick to know a good thing when they see it?

Why not run a survey here, or even go and watch a two day enduro and see them all changing tyres with mousses at the end of day one for a balanced view?

I might very well be wrong, but not so sure that all the top enduro teams and riders, plus trials bike manufacturer are, and turning down the chance to use a far superior system - regardless of what they have all been using up to now

The vast range of different bike manufacturers, capacity's and two or four strokes avaliable shows we all like to be able to make different choices - in the same way that you choose Tubliss, but that doesn't automatically make it better!

After all i ride a little Honda 250 4 stroke, but don't try to persuade anyone else to ride one just because it suites me, as i know most people think it's a bit shite Very Happy
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by JTM525 Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:12 pm

mufynman wrote:When I fit my cheese light , I'm gonna look at putting the mousse in it , if it's a bit small , what would anyone recommend wrapping the mousse in to bulk her up a bit ? bacon maybe ? What about lining the mousse with some fabric and gaffa taping it up , I just want to avoid a puncture feck about .
Get an hd tube in it mun, be alreet Laughing that's what I'm doing, and also carrying a flask of coffee and a pack of chocolate hobnobs incase the worst happens lol!

Last edited by JTM525 on Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by x.b.b. Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:21 pm

mufynman wrote:When I fit my cheese light , I'm gonna look at putting the mousse in it , if it's a bit small , what would anyone recommend wrapping the mousse in to bulk her up a bit ? bacon maybe ? What about lining the mousse with some fabric and gaffa taping it up , I just want to avoid a puncture feck about .

Muff, if you've got an old inner tube, split it right around and (inside obviously) wrap it around the moose.

x.b.b.

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:08 pm

I got my old moose here if you want to try and squeeze em both in together lol!
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:17 pm

shocker wrote:I'm obviously banging my head on a bit of wall here, but one last time....

So why does every trials bike manufacturer keep on making and fitting tubless rim's to trials bikes when such an infinitely better system has now been developed?
Any more than why do the vast majority of trail and enduro riders use either tubes or mosses - or are they also all to thick to know a good thing when they see it?

Why not run a survey here, or even go and watch a two day enduro and see them all changing tyres with mousses at the end of day one for a balanced view?

I might very well be wrong, but not so sure that all the top enduro teams and riders, plus trials bike manufacturer are, and turning down the chance to use a far superior system - regardless of what they have all been using up to now

The vast range of different bike manufacturers, capacity's and two or four strokes avaliable shows we all like to be able to make different choices - in the same way that you choose Tubliss, but that doesn't automatically make it better!

After all i ride a little Honda 250 4 stroke, but don't try to persuade anyone else to ride one just because it suites me, as i know most people think it's a bit shite Very Happy

I compleley agree with you on that mate.

I cant see why it hasn't been adopted, and even with a tubeless rim, mousses would still be an option for those that need them.
mizzed
mizzed

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:21 pm

I think you are confusing my slack mousse issue with one of your sexual ambitions Steve . Thanks Xbb that could be a good idea
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by JTM525 Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:23 pm

steve wrote:

I got my old moose here if you want to try and squeeze em both in together lol!
Is there anything left of that mousse now? Must be like a shrivelled up dunkin donut by now lol!
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next