South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brake disc bolts rubbing on front caliper

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brake disc bolts rubbing on front caliper - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake disc bolts rubbing on front caliper

Post by Clarky_two Wed May 06, 2015 8:16 am

wolfy wrote:Did a quick search, hollis use standard size bearings & seals...you didn't forget to put the center tube back in ?
Are the two spacers the same size on Hollis hubs ?

Tube is back in mate lol. The 2 Hollis spacers are the same size but they are smaller than the ones that were in there. The bearings are the same size as the old ones.

Will see what these new spacers I've ordered do when I fit them on Friday.
Clarky_two
Clarky_two

Back to top Go down

Brake disc bolts rubbing on front caliper - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake disc bolts rubbing on front caliper

Post by crm250dude Wed May 06, 2015 11:16 pm

i had a similar problem on my CRM - my bolts on my disc were bolted in wrong ..

the bolts should have slipped inside a countersunk hole in the disc - but someone had put the washers on the wrong side - so the bolts where sitting proud of the disc

if that makes sense / or is any help ?
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarky_two Fri May 08, 2015 9:34 pm

The moral of the story is

Don't do maintenance jobs late on a sunday night because your away all week working. Job done now and all good.

Thanks for the reply guys.
Clarky_two
Clarky_two

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Fri May 08, 2015 9:48 pm

Come on then.....spill the beans lol! what was the problem ?
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarky_two Fri May 08, 2015 10:50 pm

There wasn't a problem. It was all in the mind.

The one side touched the fork leg with the spacer and the other side touches the spindle collar and it looked like there was a space between the spacer and the fork. Giving the impression that the spacer was too short. The bolts rubbing was because I didn't pull it together right as I was fixated on the spacer. Just too late at night to be doing things in a rush. What a dick lol
Clarky_two
Clarky_two

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2