South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corinium Enduro

+6
lchris21
captain caveman
Tilts
Walnutwhip
Carl
chamber66
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Corinium Enduro Empty Corinium Enduro

Post by chamber66 Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:50 am

Well strted off at 6 in the morning with Tony picking me up followed by a 2hr uneventfull drive. Got up there and met up with Gar ,Andy, Eggs and Gwyn. Never done a timecard before so thanks to Do-da for the maths [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] O.K. the fun bit the course was 20 odd miles lonf od tight forest singletrack linked together by 100m full throttle blasts in superb dry conditions and with nothing to technical, the down side of this is that it ebcouraged you to ride as fast as you can [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and there were lots and lots of trees to avoid.
First lap i rode round pretty much all the way with Eggs, bloody excellent.
Second lap was when they had the special tests, but i had focused really hard on the turns first time around so I had it nailed. Wrong overshot a corner ended up in the undergrowth and binned it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
There was also this bright pink early 90's KDX riding with me, I was shocked on the open blasts it was bloody pulling away from me, didn't know they were that quick. kLuckily i was kicking his arse in the tight stuff.
Last lap the eventfull one. was riding the best I had all day fast & fluid then i clipped a tree and ripped of a rad shroud [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] then half way around had a puncture (not fair) carried on riding but instead of doing the final tricky section with a flat went around. Unfortunately a marshal saw me and I think he may have disqualified me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TBH it doesn't really matter I had a really good days riding and thoroughly enjoyed and lets face it it's not like I was going to win or anything. I will do this event again in Sept as the course was superb.

Think JK and Karlos took some pics so they may post them up?
chamber66
chamber66

Back to top Go down

Corinium Enduro Empty Re: Corinium Enduro

Post by Carl Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:54 am

sounds like fun.....
Carl
Carl

Back to top Go down

Post by Walnutwhip Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:27 pm

Should be proud of yourself chamber youve stood up and told everyone how it was and think you have enjoyed regardless...
Most wankers would have missed a gear or given excuses to there performance glad to hear you enjoyed yourself and had a great time.

Was meening to remind you about the speed bit like the rallyes throw you loads of speed then some tight stuff to catch you out!
Just interested how tight the times were?

The boyz over the border are really fast due to the open going they ride hence the the Pink Kdx experience...onto a proper enduro next chamber in Wales [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Event sounded brill...
Walnutwhip
Walnutwhip

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilts Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:35 pm

Good effort John, thanks for the report, and your honesty about the Pink KDX, (you sure it was pink, and not your imagination). [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tilts
Tilts

Back to top Go down

Post by chamber66 Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:00 pm

Bloody pink thing kept pulling away from me on the straights. For fuck sake didn't he realise I have a KTM. Over to you Steve [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
chamber66
chamber66

Back to top Go down

Post by captain caveman Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:23 pm

nowt wrong with a ktm fantasic bikes
well apart from the one that kept breaking down yesterday [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
captain caveman
captain caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by lchris21 Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:35 pm

Well done John. Glad you enjoyed it. Onwards and upwards. Pink Ktm on the books is it ?

lchris21

Back to top Go down

Post by karlos Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:57 pm

few pics I took yesterday at the Corinium Enduro, first Chambers, Eggs, and the lovely PINK KDX, Followed by a few random shots. Not the best pics, but I don't have the time to go through them all, so I've put them all on!!
Big well done to all who took part. Looked like an excellent course and left me wishing I'd had the balls to give it a go.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by karlos on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Same pic twice.)
karlos
karlos

Back to top Go down

Post by chamber66 Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:16 pm

Good pics there mate. They are running the same event in Sept. Fancy it?

Bloody pink KDX
chamber66
chamber66

Back to top Go down

Post by Walnutwhip Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:21 pm

Great photos Karlos thanks, looked a nice track and it was fine...!!!
Walnutwhip
Walnutwhip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next