South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soon to be noob from the East...

3 posters

Go down

Soon to be noob from the East... Empty Soon to be noob from the East...

Post by wideboydave Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:36 am

Hello all... thought I'd come on here and see what MTBing is all about where you have hills! I'm currently a committee member of TIMBER MTB based in Thetford Forest Norfolk and we have been busy of the past few years getting a relationship going to build new trails and use machinery.

From a quick gander at you guys you are more of a Riding group... have you ever considered doing trail building/maintenance type activities (or know of a local group I might join) when I move down in the summer?

Thanks guys

wideboydave

Back to top Go down

Soon to be noob from the East... Empty Re: Soon to be noob from the East...

Post by Mogs Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:29 pm

Rolling Eyes
Mogs
Mogs

Back to top Go down

Post by wideboydave Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:28 pm

I realise you guys are not MTBers, but there are usually a few people who cross over and most of the good trails in Thetford Forest were made by Enduro races....

wideboydave

Back to top Go down

Post by Mogs Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:59 pm

Argh right ok, I think captain caveman used to make mud jumps up Thetford forest if I believe correctly
Mogs
Mogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopes Dad Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:23 pm

To be fair, there is no real need to build trails, we have tons in this area, from the natural mountain top stuff, to the man made runs at Cwmcarn & glyncorrwg. If you are moving to this area, it will take you a while to get bored with all the local runs.

For regular club type rides, try cwmcarn paragons ( goons ) for sensible stuff, if you have a good sense of humour and skin like a rhino try the miggly moos, have a look at the site, you will see what I mean. But if you just stop & chat to anyone at cwmcarn, you can easily find small groups to ride with, there are probably 10 little groups around here, from the down hill loons, to the old enough to know better boys.

The goons do some maint at cwmcarn, I expect the other trails have a similar set up too but the best advice is just to come and ride!
Hopes Dad
Hopes Dad

Back to top Go down

Post by wideboydave Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:07 pm

Thanks, I guess that there is a load more stuff and it doesn't need as much maintenance as the sand and mud slop we have this side of the country! I notice something interesting being built near Merthyr... and bit more like Whistler park... should be interesting!

Cwmcarn is the only one I've ridden at so far and the short section near the top of the Twrch is the sort of thing I'd like to get involved with designing and help build... I wasn't brave enough for the DH course when I went.

Thanks for the info, I'll take a peek.

wideboydave

Back to top Go down

Post by Mogs Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:29 pm

Local lad and rider Rowan sorrell designed Cwmcarn... And designs much of the tracks I believe, he would be the one to talk to.
Mogs
Mogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down