South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steahly Flywheels from the good ole US of A

+6
sheepshagger
hypnoelvis
captain caveman
Gadget
Jer
tricks
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Steahly Flywheels from the good ole US of A Empty Steahly Flywheels from the good ole US of A

Post by tricks Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:32 pm

Anybody bought a flywheel kit from the US??..

If so whats the import duties on them?
tricks
tricks

Back to top Go down

Steahly Flywheels from the good ole US of A Empty Re: Steahly Flywheels from the good ole US of A

Post by Jer Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:26 pm

Not sure on the exact percentage, but recently purchased an item for £85, and paid £13.60 duty. £1 of that was for royal mail to notify you that there's a parcel at there depot waiting for you!

Jer

Back to top Go down

Steahly Flywheels from the good ole US of A Empty Re: Steahly Flywheels from the good ole US of A

Post by Gadget Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:40 pm

I bought a couple of starter motors from the states as I thought it a disgrace that UK dealers charged over double the price. However after postage fees and import duty the savings were greatly reduced but still worth doing. I was hoping the parts would arrive without me having to pay duty but they get held by the courrier until duty is paid.
Gadget
Gadget

Back to top Go down

Post by captain caveman Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Ive bought a bit of stuff from the US and never been stung on the tax yet.
But i have noticed that a lot of my parcels have either been marked a lower value or as a sample.
captain caveman
captain caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by tricks Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Cheers fellas,

Yeah I bought my Gopro from the states direct from Gopro and got hit big on tax.. iirc it was something like £80.. but it was still heaps cheaper than they were on sale here.

I've never bought parts, but I'm told it's a different tax to electrical things?!? dunno if thats true?, Hence me asking.

The flywheel I want is £130 over here and only £70 over there. They also do the sump/bash plate and the lighting coil that I need for half the cost of over here. I'll be happy paying £13 odd ontop of £80 or so... I might go for it.
tricks
tricks

Back to top Go down

Post by tricks Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:31 pm

edit to say flywheel is £120 over here [fat fingers]
tricks
tricks

Back to top Go down

Post by hypnoelvis Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:01 pm

Its something like the first £30 i believe is duty free then you pay 20% on everything above that inc the cost of delivery

hypnoelvis

Back to top Go down

Post by sheepshagger Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:57 am

You should pay 10% import duty,then 20% vat on top of total price + 10% import duty so on £70 it would be 70+7+15.40=£92.40 plus a couple of pound for the post office .
If its marked as gift sometime you can get away with the tax. the other thing to do is to get an invoice for less than it cost reducing the amout oax to pay,most american stores will do it.
sheepshagger
sheepshagger

Back to top Go down

Post by tricks Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:21 pm

Cheers both, Well I've had a chat with a mate of mine who's living in the states, He's willing to have stuff sent to him [the shop posts free within the US] then he'll post here as a gift. So tidy darts.

I'll let you know if I get stung on costs.

Thanks again all.
tricks
tricks

Back to top Go down

Post by fozzy Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:50 pm

i ordered a stealth flywheel from usa, for my sxf, i emailed them to mark it low value which they did, no duty my end..

fozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next