South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

saturday pm

3 posters

Go down

saturday pm Empty saturday pm

Post by nate Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:48 pm

went out local to ebbw 5 of us in total.....myself andy, kalos and tow of his mates from down pontypool way! Caught up[ with karlos in Brynmawr garage then went over the back to nantyglo mountain and had a nice ride around the left handside of the british mountain, its quite a nice ride with some really good scenary.

Karlos manged to bury his yam in what can only be descibed as a swomp but eventually it came loose and with a new set of gloves from his back pack he was back on the pace.

I spoke to the guys about a climb we normally only attempt in the summer, its steep muddy, long and scattered tumps of grass that can hit you off line or take your momentum away half way up, if you loose momentum there is no way of regaining it....its really that steep.

My mate went first on his katoosh, he didnt get on the gas early enough and made it half way up before the hill got the better of him......he had a nice slide back down 5 metres before coming to a halt....

He came back down and decided to have another go after i had a bash......i cleared the alfer lungs and kept the thing buzzing on approach not to bog down......with a small slip of the clutch as i hit the start the thing was in top flight 2nd gear all the way up not backing off and into third approaching the top climbing over the front to stop the front end lifting......the old spanish thing made it in one. yipppee!

The other guys decided they would have a crack next time when it was a little dryer (senisble)

Anyway Andy not one to let things defeat him decided to have another crack this time with a little more commitment and a bit more gas he got to 3 quarters of the way up before being pushed across the hill and 30 degrees into some water gulleys....game over, these babies are deep. With the bike and top of him and facing down the slope it was time to call it a day and save the hill for another day!

We all pushed on after a natter and heading towards swvryd as karlos and his mates had been out since 10am.....

Did some forest work you know where i am guys (there is a quarry in amongst the forest) water was 2 foot in places though we managed to get through unscathed and trhen headed back across as it was approaching 5pm. Only 3.5 hours but an enjoyable blast nevertheless.

Anyway sorry no pics guys but i hope you get the idea....good fun had by all and everyone else was missed.

Anyway looking forward to the next one.

Rgds

Nate
nate
nate

Back to top Go down

saturday pm Empty Re: saturday pm

Post by karlos Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:53 pm

Cheers Nate, glad we met up yesterday. Thanks for the hand with removing my bike from said bog, much appreciated.
Have posted a couple of pics elsewhere. afro
karlos
karlos

Back to top Go down

Post by yanto Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:36 pm

wheres the pics karlos?
yanto
yanto

Back to top Go down

Post by karlos Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:56 pm