South Wales Trail Riders

GAS GAS enduro NEW BIKE

curl666

GAS GAS enduro NEW BIKE

Post by curl666 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:13 am

I’ve spotted a 2012 Gas Gas EC enduro model, which is for sale at a local mx shop on behalf of a customer.

The bike has a plate holder fitted, so I just assumed it was road registered. But the seller does not have a logbook or know if it’s previously registered.

Spoken to the shop this morning, who said they’d only give out the frame number with the customers permission etc

The shop owner was under the impression that all Gasgas enduro models would of been registered from new in order for them to be imported?

Any thoughts? Who is best to check a frame number with? Police?
    Who would be a local gas gas supplier? AB motors?

Thanks

Last edited by curl666 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    juljam33

Re: GAS GAS enduro NEW BIKE

Post by juljam33 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:02 am

leave well alone and spend a bit more and buy one already done they weren't all registered either same as you can buy an unregistered ktm

curl666

Post by curl666 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:08 pm

The seller is happy for the shop to supply the vin number.

If I could check the vin and it’s clear and previously registered I could be tempted.

If it’s HPI clear and not registered then it’s too much hassle. Waiting to here back from the shop.
    phil990

Post by phil990 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:20 pm

I don't think the 2012 was up to much mind. Shitty suspension and a snappy engine.

curl666

Post by curl666 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:26 pm

After a phone call to GAS GAS UK, they confirmed the bike was imported officially through themselves and sold at BVM Dealership with registration papers.

A call to BVM, wasn’t much help as they were taken over in recent year and don’t have information on older sales.

Thankfully Fowler’s in Bristol came to the rescue, who HPI checked the bike off the frame number and provided me with the registration.

Bike appears to have been registered from new but never used on the road. It’s declared sorn, but no MOT history.

I’ve done a full HPI check myself using the reg and it comes back clear, no markers on it or finance etc.

Going to have a look at it tomorrow and decide from there...

I will bear in mind the suspension/snappy engine review Phil. Thanks

curl666

Post by curl666 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:39 pm

Ended up purchasing the gas gas today.

Good clean condition upon inspection. Needs a set of wheel bearings but should be good to ride soon.

Busy with work for the next two weeks, so hoping to give it a bit of tlc and service before it’s first outing.

Aiming to get out a lot more riding this year, tempted to head back up the Rhondda to explore the old trails. Will post up a ride if anyone fancies a scout

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:15 am